More threads by dlredd

dlredd

Reaction score
Hey all,
I have an auto repair shop, who is part of a franchise and they are right on the border of two cities, North Salt Lake, Utah, and Bountiful, Utah. They are killing it with rankings in North Salt Lake(where the storefront is actually located), but it is a really small area, so they want to start ranking in Bountiful as well.
I know that adding more Bountiful specific content to their site can help, but beyond that I'm not sure. Any help?
Thank you!

Here is a link to the map listing
https://www.google.com/maps/place/M...ec43753a41c1f!8m2!3d40.8600307!4d-111.8980737

And website
Engine, Exhaust Tires & Oil | Master Muffler Bountiful | Master Muffler

It looks like you made edits to the existing N. Salt Lake City page to now read Bountiful - is that correct? I am guessing this by way of the URL which reads North Salt Lake. If so, how long ago did you make the change? I am curious as to the effects on your rankings for N Salt Lake by changing the on page text to Bountiful.

Because your address reads N. Salt Lake, I imagine it would be tough to get this page to rank for Bountiful. You might consider letting this one continue ranking for N. Salt Lake and making a new, unique page for Bountiful and add a link to it from the current page under "Areas we serve" or something along those lines. It won't rank in maps, but may rank organically depending upon the competition on the SERP.

The changes were made to the site a couple of months ago, I believe. I think you are right that we should keep the content geared toward N Salt Lake, then build an additional page for Bountiful. It would be a shame to lose the North Salt Lake rankings for an uphill battle for rankings in Bountiful.

This is something I wrote about last month. I would create specific web pages for each surrounding city and service. We have an auto repair shop and they wanted to market their transmission repair service to other cities on our Island as far as 250 miles away.

We created these pages about 2 years ago and the client tells me they have gotten about 40 jobs from these pages and cities.

Attached is a screenshot of their Analytics over the last two years based on the landing pages. So they've generated a fair bit of traffic. The time spent on creating these pages took a few hours and the profit has been well worth it.

Landing Pages   Google Analytics.jpg

Landing Pages   Google Analytics.jpg

I agree with what others have said and would target different pages for Bountiful.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom