More threads by sarmcl

sarmcl

Solutions
Reaction score
Weird situation here. So need some advice here

• Client had their street name changed by their county. The old name still appears in Google maps
  • When client changed the address to new street name, it knocked it out of verification
  • However, want to note-----When you look for the new address, Google DOES recognize it and puts the pin in right spot. So I almost feel like it must be in process of being updated on Google Maps to new street name (Bing Maps and Apple Maps are updated!)
My question is: Since they have to do video verification---do we have to wait for Google Maps to update to the new street name? All of their documentation will have the new street name on it.

Weird situation here. So need some advice here

• Client had their street name changed by their county. The old name still appears in Google maps
  • When client changed the address to new street name, it knocked it out of verification
  • However, want to note-----When you look for the new address, Google DOES recognize it and puts the pin in right spot. So I almost feel like it must be in process of being updated on Google Maps to new street name (Bing Maps and Apple Maps are updated!)
My question is: Since they have to do video verification---do we have to wait for Google Maps to update to the new street name? All of their documentation will have the new street name on it.

I would specifically call out the fact that the name is incorrect in Google in the video. However my impression is that everything in the video has to be correct, but the exact correlation to Google Maps data does not have to be (in fact this can result in Google registering a literally incorrect address if you're not careful!).

My colleagues (I do not do verifications myself) have successfully handled situations like that (sometimes resulting in the incorrect address issue, sadly), so it's clearly not a killer obstacle. You could try making suggestions to get the street name data corrected on the map itself (as opposed to the address data of the business), but every single attempt I have ever made was singlehandedly rejected, so I wouldn't hold my breath.

Addendum: As long as the address is correct, people should be able to get driving instructions to that address. What would not work would be asking for an address on the new street name that has not been manually entered for a business. Although if the street names is similar enough, it might still go in the right place (it's a complicated subject!).

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Live Webinar - Local SEO Audits

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom