seoisgreat

Reaction score
What are the options if a client has really bad GMB reviews? They want to delete the account and open a new account on another adress, but the website adress will be the same, so idk if google will penalize it or something similar. And I guess that the outcome will be the same long term, so is there anything that can be done about it?

Hammer

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Get positive reviews. That’s the only right way.

And if a business can’t get a bunch of current positive reviews, then those Negative reviews are probably right.

negative reviews don’t have to be a death knell. Sometimes things happen, go wrong, or you can’t please someone. Respond to the negative reviews, get positive reviews, and call it a day.

JoshuaMackens

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
If it's the exact same info, Google will catch it. Really, if any of the info is the same, they will catch it. They would have to rebrand. Even then, it may not work. And if they provide poor service, they'll just get more negative reviews and be back in the same place.

As mentioned above, just get good reviews and write good replies to the negative reviews.

The only other thing I can think of is has ownership changed at all? What are the reason for the negative reviews?

seoisgreat

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

The only other thing I can think of is has ownership changed at all? What are the reason for the negative reviews?
Mainly it has been poor communication within the business so its been a lot of confusion of what needs to be done combined with that the owner has no real overview of the business so everyone is slacking and taking advantage of the situation.

chadkimball

Reaction score
bury the bad ones with good reviews. I mean you have to really get a TON of good reviews. also, flag any reviews that could be construed as hate speech, or any that have profanity or anything that might have a reason to get removed. doesnt hurt to try, maybe some will get removed for that

Tony Wang

Reaction score
Well, you said it pretty clearly "poor communication within the business... confusion... owner has no real overview of the business..."

Fix that problem before worrying about negative reviews, anything else is a temporary fix.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Gsmithmike Different websites under one IP is it really a bad practice? Local Search 2
djbaxter How The Web is Really Built Websites, Software, and Security 0
Marty Twelves Local links: are they really that much better? Local Search 1
Colan Nielsen Google Really Pushing Competitor Listings on Knowledge Panels and Branded Searches Google News: Important Changes & Features 4
rhealyn Is it really about relevance? Local listing update. Local Search 3
A Storage Units - Are They REALLY Against The Rules? Local Search 3
Rich Owings Are unrelated categories really the kiss of death? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
H Google My Business Bulk - Really backed up???? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
C Who REALLY Knows How Much "Optimization" Is Just Wheel Spinning Google My Business & Google Maps 10
P Really long business & domain name with articles in it, what should we do? Local Search 5
J Does adding an SSL really boost ranking ? Local Search 17
stryker Google picked up a really weird title from my new website. Local Search 3
S Will the SSL Deadline by Google in October Really Be A Factor in Rankings? Local Search 18
JoshuaMackens Ranking for a City When You're in the City But Not Really Local Search 11
DGDMarketing Really Need The Experts On This One :( Help & Support for Google Local 2
Gsmithmike How to really remove these Spammy local pages Local Search 3
360 Spin Scaling Geo-Targeted Local Landing Pages That Really Rank and Convert Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Can we Really Ditch Ranking Reports due to Pigeon? Local Search 13
Linda Buquet Did the CEO of Yodle Really Just Say That? Re: Local Reviews Advice? Local Reviews 3
M I Really Want the New Places Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Linda Buquet If Google Was a Guy - Funny Video - But Google Local is Really a SHE Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 6
djbaxter What Google does with duplicate content: Nothing really Organic SEO 5
Chris_Gregory How much does cheap SEO really cost? Consultant's Corner 0
G How Many F Bombs Can you Drop on Google When you are Really Really Mad? Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Linda Buquet How the Google Local Algo Really Works - What Rules the Ranking Order Google My Business & Google Maps 29
MiriamEllis How Much Does Sheer Review Count Really Matter? Local Reviews 6
L Can I really do anything about local search cheaters? Spam on Google 5
Colan Nielsen This Guy Really Annoys Me Mod Squad 1
Optimize Prime A REALLY cool way to get your Google+ page to stand out! Google My Business & Google Maps 8
G Top Listing For These Sites? Really? How? Ranking Puzzles 9
G Top Listing For These Sites? Really? How? Ranking Puzzles 9
Linda Buquet Is Google Local Really this Broken? Who's in Charge? What's the Solution? Google My Business & Google Maps 14
MiriamEllis Is G+ Local Sentiment Analysis Worth A Hang? Really? Local Search 4
Jo Shaer Not really Places related but hope someone can help Local Search 1
Colan Nielsen Really Surprised by a Google Employee Response Local Search 5
P Tracking # For Chambers, Bad for NAP Consistency? Citations 2
jross The website provided by GMB - Good or Bad? Google My Business & Google Maps 4
ladykal Is this bad practice? Multiple location landing pages but 1 office location Organic SEO 5
Brittany Barkes Merging GMB Location With Bad Reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 2
MKubot Inside Medical Building (with bad reviews) Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
LocalSEODat Hey Gang - if you get high volume of reviews and only reply to positive ones, is that a bad thing? Local Reviews 2
B Flagging Bad Reviews By Same Person - Best Practice? Local Reviews 1
H Reciprocal Linking - is this bad? Local Search 3
RICKDO Switched to business area and went so BAD! Service Area Businesses 3
elle150 Unfair threat to bad review Google News: Important Changes & Features 8
djbaxter Google: Don't disavow bad links unless you are responsible for those links Organic SEO 7
Garrett Sussman Forging Court Orders Is No Way to Delist Bad Reviews Local Reviews 5
D Need advice on a bad reviews from competitors Local Reviews 7
BaggySEO Some advice on a bad review please Local Reviews 3
Conor Treacy Bad Reviews, thinking of closing GMB profile Local Reviews 11