More threads by nicoco

nicoco

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a few pointers on how to best improve visibility for realtors in local search results bearing in mind this is such as highly competitive vertical? I see that most realtors tend to have the same content pages (selling, buying, mortgage calculator) and mostly list properties on their sites and all end up looking very much the same. What does make the difference? Links? A Blog?

If you are used to working with realtors, any advice would be welcome, or if can point me to any resource I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks

Hi Nico,

We put together some tips in this blog

Many thanks, Colan. I'd seen the article before and it's pretty awesome. It covers the Google Business Profile aspect which is half the battle. Anything on website content?

Hi Nico - my wife is a real estate agent here in the States, and I'm doing SEO consulting for other agents in addition to being her marketing guy.

To answer your question, I'd suggest that a great blog is the #1 thing that differentiates one agent's site from another. You're right that most agents have the same content on their pillar pages -- buying, selling, IDX listing pages, etc. Those pages will help an agent cover keywords like
  • Home page/agent profile page: agent name/business name keywords, "CITY real estate agent" and so forth
  • IDX listing pages: "homes for sale in CITY", "CITY real estate" and the like
  • Buyer/Seller pages: "how to buy a home in CITY", "how to sell my home in CITY", and maybe "homebuying/home selling process" keywords depending on the page content

But those pages don't have a chance at ranking and getting traffic for the millions of other ways buyers and sellers search -- i.e., all the questions they Google at different stages of the real estate journey. Consider:

"do i need a real estate agent to sell my home"
"CITY housing market"
"is now a good time to buy a home in CITY"
"how much money do i need to buy a house"
"what is earnest money"
"pros and cons of living in CITY"
"cost of living in CITY"
"moving to CITY"
"what credit score do i need to buy a home"
"what credit score do i need to get a mortgage"
"is CITY a good place to retire"
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

You want a blog with lots of great articles answering those buyer/seller questions. I don't know how it is in the UK, but here in the US there aren't a ton of agents doing that kind of content at a high level and doing it consistently. So if you know what you're doing and can commit to the content, there's a huge opportunity to get more website leads.

That's pretty much the "system" that we're using on my wife's site, and what I'm trying to implement with my real estate clients.

Hi Nico - my wife is a real estate agent here in the States, and I'm doing SEO consulting for other agents in addition to being her marketing guy.

To answer your question, I'd suggest that a great blog is the #1 thing that differentiates one agent's site from another. You're right that most agents have the same content on their pillar pages -- buying, selling, IDX listing pages, etc. Those pages will help an agent cover keywords like
  • Home page/agent profile page: agent name/business name keywords, "CITY real estate agent" and so forth
  • IDX listing pages: "homes for sale in CITY", "CITY real estate" and the like
  • Buyer/Seller pages: "how to buy a home in CITY", "how to sell my home in CITY", and maybe "homebuying/home selling process" keywords depending on the page content

But those pages don't have a chance at ranking and getting traffic for the millions of other ways buyers and sellers search -- i.e., all the questions they Google at different stages of the real estate journey. Consider:

"do i need a real estate agent to sell my home"
"CITY housing market"
"is now a good time to buy a home in CITY"
"how much money do i need to buy a house"
"what is earnest money"
"pros and cons of living in CITY"
"cost of living in CITY"
"moving to CITY"
"what credit score do i need to buy a home"
"what credit score do i need to get a mortgage"
"is CITY a good place to retire"
etc.
etc.
etc.
etc.

You want a blog with lots of great articles answering those buyer/seller questions. I don't know how it is in the UK, but here in the US there aren't a ton of agents doing that kind of content at a high level and doing it consistently. So if you know what you're doing and can commit to the content, there's a huge opportunity to get more website leads.

That's pretty much the "system" that we're using on my wife's site, and what I'm trying to implement with my real estate clients.

Many thanks Matt. I really appreciate your answer, very useful.

Many thanks Matt. I really appreciate your answer, very useful.

You're welcome, Nico.

Would you mind if I used your question (and my reply) in an upcoming edition of my newsletter? It's all about real estate marketing and I think the agents who get it would find value since they're probably wondering the same thing you asked.

You're welcome, Nico.

Would you mind if I used your question (and my reply) in an upcoming edition of my newsletter? It's all about real estate marketing and I think the agents who get it would find value since they're probably wondering the same thing you asked.

Of course not, go ahead

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom