More threads by mikepetersonwi

Reaction score
I have a number of sites for small businesses. Many of them have a number of blog posts with little or no traffic. My question is, should I remove the posts? De-Index them? or leave them and use them for internal links that all point to the page that I most want to rank for a related keyword?

Solution
If you leave them as-is for internal linking purposes, that internal link won't be of much use if it's not crawled by Googlebot often, or visited by users.

I would go through all these pages getting little to no traffic, add them to a spreadsheet, and determine if they are worth keeping or not on a page-by-page basis. It will take some time and effort, but I would hesitate to just blanket remove a bunch of pages without first checking if any of them could be valuable in some way.

Check if there is similar content on the site you can consolidate and set up redirects for. If there is no similar content on the site and the content could be relevant/useful to potential users, optimize it and try to get it to perform better (then it really...
If you leave them as-is for internal linking purposes, that internal link won't be of much use if it's not crawled by Googlebot often, or visited by users.

I would go through all these pages getting little to no traffic, add them to a spreadsheet, and determine if they are worth keeping or not on a page-by-page basis. It will take some time and effort, but I would hesitate to just blanket remove a bunch of pages without first checking if any of them could be valuable in some way.

Check if there is similar content on the site you can consolidate and set up redirects for. If there is no similar content on the site and the content could be relevant/useful to potential users, optimize it and try to get it to perform better (then it really WILL be helpful for internal linking). If a page just doesn't seem worth the effort, delete it and redirect to the most closely related page or the Homepage.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom