More threads by localboss

localboss

Reaction score
Hi!

It's been told for quite a while that a business listing couldn't be deleted, only marked as "Permanently closed" until Google would eventually remove it from maps. That was my understanding at least based on the GBP support forum answers.

But I just noticed that in the info section for my locations there's actually a

Although a screenshot would be needed to confirm it, I think what you're alluding to is the button that removes your own access to the profile. It's poorly worded UX, it doesn't delete the profile. It's easier to get a profile with no users in it deleted, but you want to be very careful when you decide to click that button!

yay sorry! I didn't want to post it! It was just a draft.

As JS Girard said, I realised that the button I was going to mention is to remove yourself from that profile. Terrible wording election IMHO.

Thanks anyway! :)

Xavi

yay sorry! I didn't want to post it! It was just a draft.

As JS Girard said, I realised that the button I was going to mention is to remove yourself from that profile. Terrible wording election IMHO.

Thanks anyway! :)

Xavi

I agree, it's terrible wording. I suspect it's been accidentally selected quite a bit. I helped out a business when an employee left and they "lost" their listing. I think this is what the employee did instead of simply removing themselves as a user.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom