More threads by NicoleWattam

NicoleWattam

Reaction score
So over the last while, and especially over the last week, we've received numerous calls, threats etc. regarding us calling businesses throughout the U.S. and saying we are calling for Google Verifications/numbers and generally overall scam tactics. It's not us at all, obviously scammers or someone using the same name as us (we just show up when people search our name).
These people often call the businesses multiple times a day, and try to get them to pay to change Google Business settings etc.

Does Google have anywhere to report this kind of stuff?
I've reported to FTC and Canada Anti-Fraud Centre, but this is an ongoing issue, and will definitely start affecting us more than one bad Google review, and all these businesses who are getting the spam calls. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Solution
Yes, you can use this form to file a complaint. I know that Google is suing one company for this deceptive practice. If Google receives enough complaints and businesses get ripped off, Google will take action.
Yes, you can use this form to file a complaint. I know that Google is suing one company for this deceptive practice. If Google receives enough complaints and businesses get ripped off, Google will take action.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom