More threads by Alex Tiberi

Alex Tiberi

Reaction score
Hello,

I hope this is allowed, if not please let me know and I'll happily delete this thread.

I posted this on the Google Business Profile community forum but it hasn't received any action (Request for help: GBP Reinstatement - Google Business Profile Community)

I've been going back and forth with Google support for over a month now, and am hoping I can get help from a product expert.

This profile has been disabled for a long time. I made all the necessary edits needed to bring the profile into compliance with Google's guidelines before submitting a reinstatement request. It's a service-area business and has the address cleared.

Here's a Google Doc with business details, Case IDs, and a timeline of events: Request for help: GBP Reinstatement

Google tells me they're looking into it. No ETA given. -Stefan

Does anyone recommend any further options that I can take here?

For those that haven't read through my Google Doc - they're citing a "technical issue" and say that the engineering team is looking into it with no ETA.

Do I just keep checking in with support every 1-2 weeks? What happens if they tell me this forever?

Hi @Alex Tiberi

1.) I've seen this with a handful of US-based businesses. It's definitely a known issue. I would imagine it's happening outside of the US but can't say for sure because I worked mostly with US businesses. Perhaps someone working in other countries could chime in.

2.) Personally, I would start but searching Maps to see if you can find an unclaimed Business Profile for this business and claim it. Otherwise, create a new profile. Then contact support to see if they will move reviews from the old profile.

"No ETA given" could be a very long time!

Personally, I would start but searching Maps to see if you can find an unclaimed Business Profile for this business and claim it. Otherwise, create a new profile. Then contact support to see if they will move reviews from the old profile.

Thanks for the tip. I will get right one that (y)

@Stefan Somborac here's the email I sent to Google support:
Hello Richa,

I haven't received any updates so I'm assuming that the engineering team hasn't made any progress on fixing this technical issue.

I have a question - If I work with the business owner to create & verify a new Google Business Profile, can you move the reviews from the old (disabled) profile to the new profile?

Here's the response I received:
I understand your situation as it might be frustrating to wait so long for the issue to get resolved. We apologize for the inconvenience caused. As our team is already working on the issue, I would not recommend you to remove this profile and to create a new one. There might be a possibility that you get the same issue on the new profile as well.

We appreciate you patience and we would get back to you as soon as we get an update on this.

And, my reply:
Richa,

Do you know the answer to my question - can you move the reviews from this disabled profile to a newly created & verified profile?

If you don't know the answer, would you mind asking your superiors?

Thank you,

As you can see, she side-stepped my question. Do you (or anyone else reading this) have some pull with higher ups at Google, that could push this request through, or at the very least answer my question?

I feel like I'm stuck behind a gatekeeper and I can't seem to get through to any decision makers.

Hi @Alex Tiberi

I've asked the support team to unlock your thread in the forum so you can ask for help there.

Please include the case ID for your communication with Richa (quoted above).

@Stefan Somborac I didn’t realize the thread was locked… I just copy/paste my request there.

Also, you can reference the case ID and a timeline of events in the Google Doc linked in my opening thread, but for quick reference: 9-9493000031829

GBP support has successfully brought the reviews back. This project is now complete and we have a very happy customer. It took almost 3 months (to the day), which has officially been the longest and hardest reinstatement I've dealt with.

Special thanks to @Stefan Somborac 🍻 I've recommended you on the GBP community thread, let me know if there's anything else I can do.

Glad I could help @Alex Tiberi

We are having the exact same issue but with no resolution this far. We’ve been assigned 2 different ticket numbers, but have not gotten anywhere.

Our GBP for 2 of our locations were online and working on a Friday, by Monday, both had completely disappeared. Neither appeared in our dashboard, we had received no notice of deletion or suspension. Strangely enough, our 3rd location was unaffected.

Your Business Profile support inquiry [5-7158000032369]

Your Request to Google [7-4109000032316]

Is anyone able to help us get our listings restored?

We are having the exact same issue but with no resolution this far. We’ve been assigned 2 different ticket numbers, but have not gotten anywhere.

Our GBP for 2 of our locations were online and working on a Friday, by Monday, both had completely disappeared. Neither appeared in our dashboard, we had received no notice of deletion or suspension. Strangely enough, our 3rd location was unaffected.

Your Business Profile support inquiry [5-7158000032369]

Your Request to Google [7-4109000032316]

Is anyone able to help us get our listings restored?

That's not a suspension. Somebody had to have removed the business profiles. You will need to add them to your dashboard.

That's not a suspension. Somebody had to have removed the business profiles. You will need to add them to your dashboard.

We recognize it's not a suspension. But, we don't even know how it was removed. The listings for both locations are completely missing from search results. Both were fully active listings, with one of locations having nearly 600 reviews. How do we add them back to the dashboard if we can't even find the listing?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom