Reaction score
Hi, there. Our reservation link has been selected as Preferred (under the Reservations section of GMB dash) for all our stores. Everything worked fine for a while but it's now one of the third party links that is showing as preferred on the knowledge panels. Out of curiosity, we've set a third party as preferred and it's now our link that shows as preferred on that store knowledge panel. We've opened a ticket with Google support and have yet to hear from them. Not sure if it's a bug but it appears to be affecting other businesses as well. Do you have any insights?

krystaltaing

LocalU Faculty
Reaction score
Hi Alex,

I have heard this from others and my understanding is you can only mark this manually. I hope Google has not given 3rd parties access to this feature as they are not the business.

Would you be able to post the details on the GMB forum along with your support case ID and I will see if I can get any additional info for you?

Thank you!!

Reaction score
Hi, Krystal.

Yes, the Order and Reservations links can only be marked as Preferred manually as there is no way to do this in bulk yet. I don't believe the third-parties have access as our links are still marked as preferred on GMB dash (see attached a screenshot for one of the locations Order section).

Here is the link to our post on GMB forum, the support case ID is #5-1591000030599. We've yet to hear from them.

Thank you!

GMB-order.png

NevenaIvanova

Reaction score
I have the same struggles with the preferred reservations link on my end. I haven't figured out a way to resolve this yet and I am waiting to hear from Google Support on the matter.

Reaction score
We've been discussing with support for quite some time but are getting the runaround. We're either told that the preferred links show correctly (while they're not) or are being responded to with irrelevant canned responses. I guess Tier-1 support doesn't have any official answer to this issue. Either it's a bug or, worse, Google displays these links as preferred intentionally. The only thing we can do at this time is unmarking the links as preferred on GMB dash, this way at least the correct links are being displayed first.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Data around Reserve with Google Google My Business & Google Maps 1
N What Business Categories Are Available for Reserve With Google? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Linda Buquet New Google Place Actions Pilot: Dynamic Local Schema for Appointments & Reservations Google My Business & Google Maps 1
djbaxter Preferred Domain in Google Search Console deprecated Google News: Important Changes & Features 4
djbaxter Question: Which would you prefer? Events 2
Garrett Sussman White Label or Preferred Vendor: How To Approach Your Online Review SaaS Solution? Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet Pros Discuss: How to Get Google My Business to show your Preferred Image Google My Business & Google Maps 2
jaywilner Using legal name of business for updating citations versus client preferred name? Citations 8
E Google preferring EMDs for location based service oriented keywords? Local Search 6
M Brand New Business: Suite, Ste, or # Preferred? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
Michael Charvet Brand New Business: Suite, Ste, or # Preferred? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 6
chadkimball Trying to change my signature from Chad Kimball Maps to Chaddo.com as the link anchor Forum Tech Support 2
TriciaClements UTM for forwarding and affiliate links Local Search 2
Colan Nielsen Find Local Link Opportunities with ZipSprout’s FREE Local Sponsorship Finder! Local SEO Tools & Software 8
B "Check Insurance Info" Link In GMB - How'd it get there? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
W Gathering GMB Dashboard Links Multi-Location Issues 1
djbaxter NEW Forcing a link to NOFOLLOW How To Guides 0
Ben Walsh The client won't drop it with disavowing links Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 4
Brian Barwig Unconventional Approaches to Local Link Building Local Search 0
Marty Twelves Local links: are they really that much better? Local Search 1
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
J Tutorial Q&A Link Building for DA & Referral Traffic Organic SEO 2
Niki Wrong facebook link on Google business listing Help & Support for Google Local 2
hajnasiewicz Place an order link Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
Igor GMB Virtual care link auto updates to wrong URL Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Scott ClientClicks Local service ads - change link? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
K Broken Place_ID Review Link Local Reviews 11
PKLilikoi "Redirect Notice" in Google causing Toxic Link issue in Tools Organic SEO 3
djbaxter Google Treats Affiliate Links As Nofollow, rel=sponsored Organic SEO 0
djbaxter Upcoming API Change to break Facebook, Instagram oEmbed Links October 24 Mobile & Social 0
C Service Area Business Links Local Search 8
N Should I use a GMB Website to get a citation and links? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Jim Froling Great Link Building Lessons by Base Academy Recycle Bin 0
Kurt Kolander GMB and Google Earth Links Google My Business & Google Maps 2
A Disavowing Press Release Links Organic SEO 5
Annika Neudecker Mass disappearance of website links Multi-Location Issues 4
coachmarino Links in Services NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
wesduplantier New Maps feature for businesses COVID Support links? Google News: Important Changes & Features 1
B Link building anchor text for local rankings 2020 Organic SEO 1
Lachlan_Wells New 'Order Delivery' buttons can potentially link directly to your website Google My Business & Google Maps 10
K New Appointment Link Feature Google My Business & Google Maps 2
lincolnchan Attribution Links in Clients' Footers Organic SEO 7
LocalSEODat Using UTM for GMB link to website. Does that mess w/ citation matching, rankings or anything negative effect? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Matthew Summers Anyone else see a big change in "blue links" rankings starting around 5.26.20? Google Algorithm Discussions 0
Aly Kurtz Removing map pin that isn't linked to a GMB Google My Business & Google Maps 0
mattrigg Best Practice - Content Assets and Linking Local Content 3
Igor Disabling Website link to Google Business Site Local Search 1
Rich Owings Rotate link Forum Tech Support 3
M GMB Virtual Care Link - Does the URL have to be on the website? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
L 2 year old website with no links, no content dominating local pack?? Google My Business & Google Maps 3