Hi, there. Our reservation link has been selected as Preferred (under the Reservations section of GMB dash) for all our stores. Everything worked fine for a while but it's now one of the third party links that is showing as preferred on the knowledge panels. Out of curiosity, we've set a third party as preferred and it's now our link that shows as preferred on that store knowledge panel. We've opened a ticket with Google support and have yet to hear from them. Not sure if it's a bug but it appears to be affecting other businesses as well. Do you have any insights?

krystaltaing

LocalU Faculty
Hi Alex,

I have heard this from others and my understanding is you can only mark this manually. I hope Google has not given 3rd parties access to this feature as they are not the business.

Would you be able to post the details on the GMB forum along with your support case ID and I will see if I can get any additional info for you?

Thank you!!

Hi, Krystal.

Yes, the Order and Reservations links can only be marked as Preferred manually as there is no way to do this in bulk yet. I don't believe the third-parties have access as our links are still marked as preferred on GMB dash (see attached a screenshot for one of the locations Order section).

Here is the link to our post on GMB forum, the support case ID is #5-1591000030599. We've yet to hear from them.

Thank you!

GMB-order.png

NevenaIvanova

I have the same struggles with the preferred reservations link on my end. I haven't figured out a way to resolve this yet and I am waiting to hear from Google Support on the matter.

We've been discussing with support for quite some time but are getting the runaround. We're either told that the preferred links show correctly (while they're not) or are being responded to with irrelevant canned responses. I guess Tier-1 support doesn't have any official answer to this issue. Either it's a bug or, worse, Google displays these links as preferred intentionally. The only thing we can do at this time is unmarking the links as preferred on GMB dash, this way at least the correct links are being displayed first.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Most UpVoted Answers

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom