More threads by Jeffrey

Jeffrey

Solutions
Reaction score
Hey team!!

There might already be a post about this, but I can find it.

Today I was doing a search for LASIK Eye Surgery Omaha and noticed the review count on a maps ad for Omaha Eye & Laser Institute is different then the review count on their business listing. Any idea why this would be happening?
LINK
Screen Shot 2020-08-26 at 11.50.14 AM.png

@Jeffrey, you're running classic AdWords and not Local Services Ads (LSAs), correct?

If we're talking standard PPC, the issue is probably that the location extension is out-of-sync. In which case you'll need to delete the existing extension and add a new one.

If we're talking LSAs, the issue (I suspect) is that someone has probably asked for patients to review the practice through the LSA interface, and not in Google Maps. Reviews you ask for via LSA won't show up in Google Maps, but Google Maps reviews get pulled into your LSAs.

Thanks @Phil Rozek
Yep, this is just standard AdWords. I tried disconnecting it and reconnecting it and it worked!
Thanks for the advice

@Phil Rozek thanks for sharing! I didn't know that "Reviews you ask for via LSA won't show up in Google Maps, but Google Maps reviews get pulled into your LSAs."

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom