More threads by AspiringMapExpert

Reaction score
Hello GBP 🧠

This is the course of events:

The request for management access that we sent to the company was not accepted within 7 days so it flipped to get verified. We initiated the phone verification and entered the code. The listing was verified but we became the primary owner and the client notified us that their business listing had been marked as a duplicate.

Ramifications:

All of the coveted replies to reviews from the past seven years are no longer visible. Is this related? If not is there a fix?

Why does Google do this, are they duplicating the profile and content and does it live somewhere? I only see one business listing when I search the company. Google says they don't see the duplicate.

We want to make sure they are the primary owner so we sent the invite back and that has been accepted but we are in the 7-day period that we have to wait to transfer primary ownership back. Is this going to make a difference in the review replies potentially showing up?

Should we have done something different?

Thanks in advance for your expertise!

Not sure the primary owner switch will have any effect on the review replies.

Did all the reviews come back? If so, I would reach out to support and ask them why the replies to the reviews did not come back. My best guess is the account that replied to the reviews is no longer on the listing, BUT I would think Google could add the replies back if the reviews themselves are on the profile.

Not sure the primary owner switch will have any effect on the review replies.

Did all the reviews come back? If so, I would reach out to support and ask them why the replies to the reviews did not come back. My best guess is the account that replied to the reviews is no longer on the listing, BUT I would think Google could add the replies back if the reviews themselves are on the profile.

Thanks for this idea Elizabeth! All the reviews did come back and I'm going back and forth with Google Support- argh!!

If a request to manage a listing expires what is the next best step? All of this happened because I verified the listing.

When a profile is "stolen" via verification, it trigers the same process of "release from ownership", which means yes, this will always normally removes all the review response and owner-uploaded images.

HOWEVER, this is only for the reverification "steal". Elizabeth is correct that this does not happen with normal transfer of access.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom