More threads by Jannell Howell

Reaction score
Hello Local Search friends :) Does anyone have information on what happens to review replies if a re-verification is completed to claim a Google Business Profile?

I have a client who has their Google Business Profile connected to a 3rd party service and they cannot figure out which Google account has access to their listing. Normally, we would complete the re-verification if there is no response to our request for access. This client has been replying to reviews on their listing through the 3rd party service and is concerned that with a re-verification (away from the 3rd party service), their review replies will disappear.

I have no experience with this issue. It hasn't been on my 'radar' before. So, I thought I would ask the group if my client's review replies will disappear if we claim/re-verify the listing. Any guidance is appreciated. Thanks.

If you claim the existing listing, you won't lose the responses. If it's a service area business, Google might ask you to create a new listing and then merge the old one. In this case, yes, the review responses are lost.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom