More threads by Mindquest

Reaction score
Our GMB listing has 40 reviews but the GMB profile when we search for our brand does not show the rating stars right under the images. The reviews are further down the panel. The GMB dashboard does show the reviews.

Has anyone had this issue with having reviews but no stars? Wondering if this is one of the many glitches happening with GMB these days.

Attaching this similar thread for reference:

What industry is the business in?

You likely have a category that is associated with education/schools that is causing this. I'll share the section from my training on this:

Review average & summary – Normally a Knowledge Panel contains the number of reviews and review rating at the top. Schools do not have this feature.
Reviews-Knowledge-Panel-School.png

You likely have a category that is associated with education/schools that is causing this. I'll share the section from my training on this:

Review average & summary – Normally a Knowledge Panel contains the number of reviews and review rating at the top. Schools do not have this feature.
Reviews-Knowledge-Panel-School.png
Thanks for this insight! One of the categories is definitely "school" related. Is this written somewhere on Google guideline pages? Or did you just figure this out through testing and experience?

Like most things, it's not written anywhere by Google. It also hasn't always been this way so there is no saying if it will stay like this forever.

Do the reviews/stars - though they do not show up - still impact ranking in the local 3-pack?

Yes, I believe so.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom