More threads by eshad

eshad

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'm not sure whether anybody else has come across this before but under a certain keyword in maps reviews are not displayed for businesses which do normally have reviews. The phrase I am typing is 'car body shop', but if I was to type 'car repair shop' the same businesses are displayed (albeit in a slightly different order) but reviews are visible.

Is this normal for certain phrases? This also seems to be on mobile only.

Look forward to your responses.

Edward

I see the same thing on desktop. Very interesting. Thanks for brining it up.

I, too, can replicate it. I wonder what triggers this to not bring up the reviews.

It is almost like Google is treating that phrase as a branded search rather than a search looking for individual businesses. For example if you type Mcdonalds, this does not display reviews even though many different locations are displayed.

Long shot but I wonder if its because 'Body Shop' is a brand and it's picking up the element of the key phrase?

Just to give a visual example on what we are talking about....

1567601653649.png

1567601660854.png

It is almost like Google is treating that phrase as a branded search rather than a search looking for individual businesses. For example if you type Mcdonalds, this does not display reviews even though many different locations are displayed.

Long shot but I wonder if its because 'Body Shop' is a brand and it's picking up the element of the key phrase?

I think that's what is happening here.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom