More threads by Maxine

Maxine

Reaction score
I've got a legit website and a verified GBP. We have tons of new reviews submitted to Google over the last seven months, but no new Google Reviews have displayed. (The most recent review is seven months old). You can see it here: Cruisin’ Maui Rent-A-Car - Google Search

I contacted Google and they said, "We reserve the right to disable certain user-generated contributions for individual Business Profiles and business categories. Some Business Profiles have been temporarily disabled from adding new reviews or replies to reviews. We are closely monitoring affected Business Profiles but are not able to provide an estimate on when we can restore the functionality."

I don't know why we would have been penalized. I didn't generate fake reviews. All the reviews submitted should have been by legit users of my service. I'm just a family business, and this is hurting us.

Any ideas on how I can get the reviews re-enabled?
And, does anyone know if the 7-months of missing reviews will appear once the functionality has been restored, or will only new reviews appear?

tia!

In my experience, there isn't much you can do about this, you have to just wait for reviews to start showing again. Once they do, Google should be able to restore them if they determine they do not violate the TOS - you just may need to contact support and ask them to restore.

- you just may need to contact support and ask them to restore.

Thanks. I did contact them and I was told that it was a penalty - but they wouldn't tell me why the penalty occured; and that the ban would be lifted - but they wouldn't tell me when.

It has been 7 months... so, that is a long time to wait already!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom