spainops

Reaction score
Hi,

Is it a bad practise to have the same website in more than one listing (the NAP is different) ?.

Thanks

Si

HurricaneK8

Reaction score
This can easily confuse Google. Is there a specific page on the website you can point to instead? Preferably with the NAP you're using in the listing on the page (Location page).

spainops

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to post.

I can use a different page. Was just trying to work out if it's best practise to use a different website for each places listing.

Si

HurricaneK8

Reaction score
Yes, it's especially important to use different websites for Places listings. Just a reminder, whatever URL you choose for the places listings should also be consistantly used in all your citations for that location.

Otherwise a Googlebot might come along and change it!

:) Glad I could help

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hi,

Is it a bad practise to have the same website in more than one listing (the NAP is different) ?

Like Phil, I'm not so sure we are clear on the situation. Please explain more.

Same company, more than one location, just different address and phone???

Yes use same site, but if possible a location optimized landing page for each listing, that has uniquely optimized content. Check the tag cloud button on top menu and look for #multilocation hash tag.

If you mean something else besides a multi-location company, then please explain in more detail.

gooner

Reaction score
Would you just add the specific location URL in the website field in GMB or just the website main URL?

Thanks

Like Phil, I'm not so sure we are clear on the situation. Please explain more.

Same company, more than one location, just different address and phone???

Yes use same site, but if possible a location optimized landing page for each listing, that has uniquely optimized content. Check the tag cloud button on top menu and look for #multilocation hash tag.

If you mean something else besides a multi-location company, then please explain in more detail.

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Would you just add the specific location URL in the website field in GMB or just the website main URL?

Depends on situation but yes, usually one location would be linked to home and each of the others linked to their location page. BUT the site and pages need to be set up right too.

You can read some of our #multilocation posts listed up in the tag cloud for tons more detail and different types of scenarios.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Craig McBreen Two businesses, different names, point to same website Google Duplicates & Merges 1
vivekrpatel Essentially the Issue: Same Website for a Different Country Sudden Ranking Drop Local Search 4
MichaelW Business has 2 Different Websites with same phone number and address Google My Business & Google Maps 11
D Case: 2 websites for the same keyword set. Cross-site cannibalization / affiliation? Local Search 1
javadth having websites on same IP and same google WMT and same dns Google My Business & Google Maps 3
K Multiple Locations with the same website? Multi-Location Issues 1
kevinjwiles Multiple Locations with the same website? Multi-Location Issues 1
M Can we create multiple websites for services with same data? Local Search 2
J How is this possible? Two internal urls of same website ranking in google local? Ranking Puzzles 4
J How is this possible? Two internal urls of same website ranking in google local? Ranking Puzzles 4
walkities Multi Location Using Same Phone Number? Local Search 2
S How to remove a GMB from maps of a previous owner who ran 3 businesses from the same address Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Two Different Business Places at the Same Address: Should I Add Them to GMB? Local Search 1
RattlingTram Wild rank variations for plural v singular & same intent single keyword searches Ranking Puzzles 2
M Google says information isn't the same between two listings Google Duplicates & Merges 1
Travis Van Slooten Hard Suspension of GMB Listing: Multiple Businesses at Same Address? Google My Business & Google Maps 9
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
ashikjibon Can I create another GMB page by using the same Business name? (Different Location) Multi-Location Issues 4
EmilyW Problems with immediate suspension: confused as the UPS in the same shopping center? Google My Business & Google Maps 16
DanielTexasLira Has anyone done Local SEO on a Dual Pad Hotel (two different hotel brands sharing the same location)? Local Search 6
NickB-Tampa Listing with no ratings and incorrect address outranking listings for same business with good ratings and proper addresses Google My Business & Google Maps 5
stevedimatteo Separate Businesses at Same Mailing Address Google My Business & Google Maps 3
S Is it possible to verify two SAB businesses with the same address if the address will be hidden? Service Area Businesses 2
Jens Multiple local pages for the same location? Local Content 1
Rich Owings How to remove reviews left by same person for each location All Things Google My Business [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 21
Mmclean07 How to handle 2 offices at same address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
lincolnchan Ideas for outranking competitor with same business name Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 8
L Yelp merging two listings with the same name Citations 1
N Would changing the main business category drop a GMB rankings significantly or at all if it's in the same industry? Local Content 7
Conor Treacy Same address, showing two different locations Google Duplicates & Merges 2
KristiSimone Change to reviews from same IP address? Local Reviews 6
P 2 Businesses, Same Address, 1 local, 1 SAB Google Duplicates & Merges 5
J Linking retail store within museum to same GMB Help & Support for Google Local 7
W Should multiple nearby hotels target the same area attraction? Recycle Bin 0
DanielTexasLira Should multiple nearby hotels target the same area attraction? Local Search 5
A 6 doctors and clinics all with same NAP. How do you get into 3 pack? Google My Business & Google Maps 20
Shelly Opinions wanted: Answering Q&A on another GMB panel (within a different category) as a business in the same town Google My Business & Google Maps 8
EmilyW Multiple businesses, same location Google My Business & Google Maps 17
R Is this the same as Regus? Local Search 3
Caroline Two GMB pages - same business but different names Google Duplicates & Merges 5
Jen Currier Can a Business have two GMB listings within the same state if one is set up as a SAB and the other w/a Physical Address? Google Duplicates & Merges 5
H Different business and URL, but with same address Google Duplicates & Merges 15
pony Multiple Facebook profiles for same business Mobile & Social 1
B Flagging Bad Reviews By Same Person - Best Practice? Local Reviews 1
Vincent Tobiaz Same person 2 profiles same review - flagging does nothing Google My Business & Google Maps 1
S Same phone number for different location Local Search 8
Tim Colling Duplicate listings at same address, which would you report? Google My Business & Google Maps 7
P Correct procedure to merge GMB pages for same business following relocation Google Duplicates & Merges 8
L Why is Google showing different categories for this business in the same search/view? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
Conor Treacy Client Closed Business, now re-opening with same name Moving or Name Changes 4