More threads by ElizabethRule

ElizabethRule

Administrator
Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
I am seeing a potential bug in Google Search Console that is affecting how impressions are being recorded. In the attached screenshots, I am comparing impressions for a specific page on a client site between 2 time periods. When there is no query being filtered for, I see this term "glabella" gained 25k+ impressions in this period. When I add a filter for the exact query, suddenly it's showing a decrease in impressions in the same time period.

Looks like for some reason it’s just not recording impressions in the first one (says “0”), but then when you filter it’s actually “34,252" impressions.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 4.50.59 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 4.51.36 PM.jpg

I checked and it's doing this for multiple keywords, all recording "0" impressions in the previous time period. But when the query is exact filtered for, suddenly it's recording impressions.

Anyone else seeing this issue in GSC?

I'm not getting any errors when I filter with the selection I've done on a few accounts.

Can you verify that when looking at the full list (with all pages)? Using the filter option (above the Impressions column) you can define the "Top Queries" and use the "contains". If you enter that phrase in there, does it also show the information as being incorrect?

@Conor Treacy yep, it's incorrect when looking at the full list of pages too. in this screenshot, you can see its showing 0 impressions for a ton of queries, all of these when filtered for have more than 0 impressions.

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 5.20.06 PM.jpg

ex with "spider vein treatment"

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 5.23.39 PM.jpg

When I define the "top queries" as "glabella" it is showing me the same incorrect data (25,577 vs 0 impressions)

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 5.21.26 PM.jpg

I checked a few more accounts, actually seeing this issue in another domain property account too! (first account I shared is domain property verified). also missing some clicks in the first one too...

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 5.27.28 PM.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-01-11 at 5.27.15 PM.jpg

Hmm. I'll have a poke around on some of our other accounts and see if I can trigger it. I checked 3 of ours and none were showing issues, but let me load up a few more and see if I can find anything

Hey @ElizabethRule
I did some more digging into a few of our accounts but I'm not able to duplicate what you're seeing.
I've tried under a dozen accounts, but not showing what you're seeing :(

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom