More threads by Luann

Luann

Reaction score
Hi! We have a client who notified me of this issue. They have an active and verified GMB listing for their business.

Haferman Water Conditioning
12142 12th Ave S
Burnsville, MN 55337
(952) 894-4040

The problem is they have other local phone numbers they use for offline purposes - like tracking print ads. They all forward to the main number. We have not used these numbers for any online marketing. Anyway, the phone number they use for Hutchinson MN is 320-587-7199. They've found if you search "haferman water hutchinson" that an unverified listing is coming up for them at an incorrect address. The address is for another company - Nuvera (the provider of the phone number). This has caused some confusion for customers wanting to visit their location! Nuvera does have a verified listing at that address.

What’s the best way to get this listing removed? It’s not technically spam, at least not intentional! I already tried the “suggest an edit” option. Also, has anyone seen Google create a listing just from a phone number like this before? Seems strange. Thankfully, it’s not showing for the other location numbers they have (at least not yet). I’m thinking we may recommend they get rid of these other numbers to eliminate future NAP inconsistencies.

Any help with this is appreciated!

haferman-hutchinson.png

nuvera.png

First thing I would try would be to mark as 'doesn't exist'. If you tried that, it could be a few days before it is looked at.

Yep, I'd do what Yan suggested as well.

Thanks! I marked as duplicate more than a week ago but nothing was done. Just tried the "doesn't exist" option. Will see how that goes.
Thank you!

I have found that marking things as duplicates is like a black hole that does nothing. Doesn't Exist should work - I'll edit it for you as well.

Good to know. It looks like it's already been removed. Thank you for the help!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom