More threads by copaaz

copaaz

Reaction score
We are a somewhat newer business (1 year) and the only online presence we have is a website. We are growing and will be hiring an admin position soon. We will be getting office space however we are not at a point (yet) where we need our own building. Due to budget reasons we will be leasing an office space in a building where other companies are located as well. We'll have our own private office large enough for the three of us. Are these types of office spaces allowed in order for a profile? What obstacles could we or should we expect when trying to set up our profile with this type of office space? Is there a guideline that we could/need to follow so that Google doesn't think we are something we are not? Thank you.

Due to budget reasons we will be leasing an office space in a building where other companies are located as well. We'll have our own private office large enough for the three of us. Are these types of office spaces allowed in order for a profile?
It should be fine as long as it is staffed and has permanent signage. Having the following documentation that matches the business address, or as much of it as possible is ideal:

• Official business registration
  • A business license
  • Tax certificates
  • Utility bills for the business such as:
    • Electricity
    • Phone
    • Water
    • Internet

What obstacles could we or should we expect when trying to set up our profile with this type of office space?
Be prepared to do a video verification where you will need to show the locations address, signage, your office where you meet customers etc I would check to see if there are businesses in the same category as you at the location as well. This can present local filter issues.

My official business name isn't the name by which we do business. It's only for tax purposes. We have a DBA name that is our brand name and the name that we do business with. Is that an issue? I can't see how when companies like Taco Bell use Taco Bell when their actual name is something like Billy Bob's Enterprises LLC. Also my city does not require my type of business to have a business license so I don't have one. I'm not sure what you mean by "Business Registration". I do have the DBA registered with the state. The LLC name does have an EIN number. Will that be used? Utilities are included with the lease of the space that we are considering. These are all my concerns. I don't want to get my office all set up, pay out thousands of dollars, set up my employee and everything just to be told I can't have a profile. I need to ensure that we will proceed having covered all bases with regards to Google's requirements. What would you do after reading all of this, if this scenario was you?

I'm just laying out the potential challenges and obstacles that you asked for.

Providing a DBA is a good idea. You don't need every single document that I listed.

At the end of the day, Google wants to make sure you are located where you say you are and that you are who you say you are. Throw is some permanent signage and the ability to make in-person contact with your customers and you should be fine.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom