More threads by mikepetersonwi

Reaction score
I don't recall the last time I've had to have a client set up a new Google Account. My question is, should they be setting up a Personal Account? A Business Account? or an account using their existing domain email? What are the pros and cons of each?

Solution
Hi @mikepetersonwi, this subject seems to come up now and again on this forum, especially when someone has to re-verify, claim, or verify ownership of an existing GBP. My personal experience is that setting up a Google Account using an email address that is associated same domain as the business website, will potentially save you a lot of effort when communicating with Google in those situations. Also, a Google Account associated with an email address using the company domain is much easier to maintain later down the road if employees change or when handling forgotten Google passwords. As far as the difference between a personal vs business "free" @gmail account, there really isn't any difference, according to Google, except for...
Hi @mikepetersonwi, this subject seems to come up now and again on this forum, especially when someone has to re-verify, claim, or verify ownership of an existing GBP. My personal experience is that setting up a Google Account using an email address that is associated same domain as the business website, will potentially save you a lot of effort when communicating with Google in those situations. Also, a Google Account associated with an email address using the company domain is much easier to maintain later down the road if employees change or when handling forgotten Google passwords. As far as the difference between a personal vs business "free" @gmail account, there really isn't any difference, according to Google, except for "customized recommendations for products that can help support your business."

Solution
Hi @mikepetersonwi, this subject seems to come up now and again on this forum, especially when someone has to re-verify, claim, or verify ownership of an existing GBP. My personal experience is that setting up a Google Account using an email address that is associated same domain as the business website, will potentially save you a lot of effort when communicating with Google in those situations. Also, a Google Account associated with an email address using the company domain is much easier to maintain later down the road if employees change or when handling forgotten Google passwords. As far as the difference between a personal vs business "free" @gmail account, there really isn't any difference, according to Google, except for "customized recommendations for products that can help support your business."

Thanks Jeff. Much appreciated.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom