More threads by Lluc

Lluc

Solutions
Reaction score
Hi, we just started managing some restaurant profiles and I noticed that these profiles have two extra data sections (translated from Spanish) 1.What is your business known for and 2. Rush hour.

Is this new? I guess it's only available for restaurants...

What is your brand known for?

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 11.40.31.jpg

Rush Hour

Screenshot 2021-06-22 at 11.42.23.jpg

It's not new, I talked about this on my website in September 20 as it started to roll to a wider number of businesses.

Snippet of my article:

What is it​

Google released this metric into Google My Business as a new Insights section back in 2018.

However, it was only available to listings in a couple US cities and categories. Now they started to release this feature to a wider number of places and categories. Let’s check it.

It’s called “What your business is known for”. As the name indicates, in this section you will get to know what customers think in general about your business, describing how they feel about your business, examples: “Cozy”, “Great Irish Food”, “Professional”, “Friendly Staff”.

How does Google get these insights?

• Through Google Maps Questionnaires after you visit a place (first photo below)
  • Upon reviewing your place, Customers are presented with attributes options to choose, along with the review comment and stars rating.

A3OTQ4ODItNDAwMDgmdG9rZW49NzYyYjMxOWMwZDliMjQzNw.q.jpg

MDc5NDg4Mi0yMTQ5MSZ0b2tlbj1iYzE1NjVhOWUwMjNkZjE4.q.jpg

MDc5NDg4Mi0yMjMyMyZ0b2tlbj05MDNjYmY0YTM1OTQ4MDk1.q.jpg

Of course, the information is personal to your customers as they base their opinion on their experience. Also, the information collected by Google may appear your listing.

You cannot remove this information, only Google Support can remove it and you have to prove that the information is wrong.

wNzk0ODgyLTM1NDcwJnRva2VuPTE3MjY1NGUyY2VkMTQxZGI.q.jpg

Conclusion on this Google My Business Update​

More and more listings will have this feature, a reminder of how important is to impress and be remarkable to clients.

Google wants to provide more relatable and “overall feeling” info about a place to users and, at the same time, quick to read and understand.

Be remarkable!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom