More threads by pollini

Reaction score
Hi

I got my site running, finally found the domain name!

I got some Local seo Questions :

1 ) Nap is very important, Im worried about how I should write my phone number, like I only operate in Italy so i can skip italian prefix right ? Then how you format the text ?

000-000-000 thats how I do, or I should just do 00000000 ? or 000.000.000 ?

2 ) I just saw "schema stuffs" Im using small biz theme from expand2web, great theme, how I can add schema ? I read around Wp plugins arent the best, so I thought to add it manually, I saw some generators arounds but graphic look horrible of review for example. Do you suggest some plugins or good site that I can use for generate the code ?

3 ) When I got the code, I just open the page im interested in, and place the html at the bottom of the page or smt else ?

thanks a lot for the help as usual!

Last edited by a moderator:
pollini,

1 ) Nap is very important, Im worried about how I should write my phone number, like I only operate in Italy so i can skip italian prefix right ? Then how you format the text ? 000-000-000 thats how I do, or I should just do 00000000 ? or 000.000.000 ?

I do not have experience with Google's preferences in Italy However, I am guessing that it is similar to here in the US and Canada. When searching for business by phone I always include the dash (-). Example: 801-555-1212 as opposed to 8015551212 or 801.555.1212. I also find that search engines have issues at times with (801) 555-1212. In short - I have always had more success with dashes.

2 ) I just saw "schema stuffs" Im using small biz theme from expand2web, great theme, how I can add schema ? I read around Wp plugins aren't the best, so I thought to add it manually, I saw some generators arounds but graphic look horrible of review for example. Do you suggest some plugins or good site that I can use for generate the code?

Schema Generator:
I have used Schema.org Generators For SEO | Generate Rich Snippets Easily for schema mark up.
Schema Plugin:
I have also Schema Creator WordPress Plugin by Raven SEO Tools.

3 ) When I got the code, I just open the page i'm interested in, and place the html at the bottom of the page or smt else ?

Yes and or where ever the items lay on your page/site. The plugin I recommended is going to tie your hands a little in regards to formatting/css. I find that most people using plugins or generators lack programming skills required to implement schema inline or in the css file. Schema without styling is still better than no schema on site.

The Raven plugin is going to put your business NAP in a grey box by default which often does not mesh with the style of the particular WP theme. Leaving you with the decision to drop an ugly grey box on your beautiful page. That can upset the flow of the page. We often add the items being marked up at the bottom of the page to minimize the effect.

The below article presents a great list of plugins for WP and also contains several plugins for local SEO

http://www.wpsitecare.com/best-wordpress-plugins/

The article has been shared by the French WP community and seems very solid

(It should help navigate the +30K plugins in the repository, many of which fail in many ways, don’t get upgraded or do not offer support.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Im having problems with that link when i click it. No problem with the cut and paste.

Thanks Andy I actually found 2 plugins that we will test this week. Thank you sir!

Im having problems with that link when i click it.

Sorry about that - I try to edit it but ran into the same issue

Good that you just pasted it and that it worked

Best

Andy

Google is pretty good at figuring out that Telephone numbers are written in different formats. It is often beyond your control how directories display NAP. Focus should be on making sure that you do not have other phone numbers displayed or complete variations of your business name.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom