More threads by interiorguy

interiorguy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I work with an attorney in California and they have multiple locations. Their business name has keywords in it, but it is their legal business name and we follow all Google guidelines at each location. Someone keeps suggesting edits to another name that isn't even close to what the actual business name is and Google is accepting those edits.

Currently, I'm in a battle back and forth with this person. I change the name back then hours or a day later they change it back to what they want or another name that's completely different from the first one they edited. Is there anything that can be done to stop this, or do I have to keep playing this game until they get tired?

Any help is appreciated! Thanks.

You can get a service like Whitespark that will auto change the name back for you periodically so you dont have to Get Alerts & Reject Updates on Your Google Business Profile | GBP Management | Google Updates | Google Business Management | Manage GMB

other than that I do not know of a way to fix it other than changing it back every time.

Weird Google keeps accepting it though, especially with different names. I would contact support and ask them why it keeps getting accepted. Provide support proof its the real business name and they may be able to help prevent these changes from going live.

You can get a service like Whitespark that will auto change the name back for you periodically so you dont have to Get Alerts & Reject Updates on Your Google Business Profile | GBP Management | Google Updates | Google Business Management | Manage GMB

other than that I do not know of a way to fix it other than changing it back every time.

Weird Google keeps accepting it though, especially with different names. I would contact support and ask them why it keeps getting accepted. Provide support proof its the real business name and they may be able to help prevent these changes from going live.

Tanks so much!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom