More threads by BSDChicago

BSDChicago

Reaction score
Recently, I've noticed that edits I submit for listings that incorrectly have an address present result in a half filled GBP on the Maps web client. These edits would be submitted as doesn't exist or not open to the public. On the Google Maps app on my phone, the listing would return the normal "can't connect" error after the edit has been accepted. On the Maps web client, the listing will still appear if you hover over the address (they don't seem to show up in searches for the GBP name or in keyword results). The listing would show the same NAP, with every example still showing the address that they got edited about. But things like pictures, reviews, and services are still present. Reviews will show up on the "overview" page of the GBP, but there is no review count or star rating at the top. If I click "more reviews" from the overview page, I'll then get an error message. If I suggest an edit again, the standard edit process applies again. Some of the GBPs were instantly edited and removed again. Some edits went to pending and the half-filled GBP still exists.

At first I thought that these listings were immediately getting reverified with no changes or creating new listings that were immediately verified.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom