More threads by Cherie Dickey

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

It's been a while so first I want to say HELLO!

Over the last year or two I've been mostly in Paid Search, so I've not had time to keep 100% up to date with changes in SEO. I'm back to my old living breathing SEO and Local search self now though, and naturally am being greeted by a real stumper.

I'm not sure if this is a question or a discussion, but here it goes...

I have a chiropractic client in South Edmonton AB. There are a lot of chiropractors in Edmonton, and there used to be a lot of local search results for "South Edmonton Chiropractor". Now, I'm only seeing four results for that search (there used to be 6 pages!), and of course, my client isn't one of those. The listing is still live, and we get more results when we zoom into the location. I tried Local Falcon, and it's showing the same thing - four results for that search. All four have "South" in their business name, so I'm pretty sure that's why they are what Google is choosing to show.

Things look fine when I search Southeast Edmonton Chiropractor, Southwest Edmonton Chiropractor, and Edmonton Chiropractor. All of these appear to be recognized locations on the map, so I'm thinking the issue is related to this somehow: Physical Address vs. Mailing Address - What Does Google Base Ranking On? - Sterling Sky Inc - The issue is that this client is smack on the border between east and west, so "South Edmonton" is what most accurately describes where they are.

I know there's an algo update happening... has anyone else noticed this happening to some of their local searches? Is Google just not providing results for location based searches when a place isn't recognized as a place on the map?

Thanks!
Cherie

Another thread that may have the same underlying issue:

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom