rutkap

Reaction score
Over a month ago I put in some notices about 4 "Chesterfield, MO" locations that either do not exist, have closed down, or are in a shared office space.

Since then, not only has my attempts to remove these spammy listings not been approved, THE PHOTOS I SENT TO PROVE THEIR VERACITY ARE NOW PART OF THEIR FAKE LISTINGS!!!!!

I am asking you, the Local SEO community for a hand in what I should do to escalate this issue. It is not fair and I have spent far too much time dealing with these listings.

attached are the 4 listings my client and I took the time to physically visit and obtain photographic evidence of their existance as well as a few choice photographs proving that they are non existant offices.

Chesterfield Pest Control.jpg

IMG_1870.jpg

IMG_1871.jpg

IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1884.jpg

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
Who did you send the photos to? Google support? How did you contact them?

Just an FYI, don't click the 2 nice guys website. I think it's been hacked.

rutkap

Reaction score
I sent the updates through maps.google.com

If there is a better way, please let me know.

Cherie Dickey

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I would reach out to support directly in this case. I've found Twitter to be the most helpful. You can reach them at @GoogleMyBiz

If they are unable to help you, someone here should be able to escalate to the local advertisers forum...but Twitter is normally the first place I go.

Keep us posted!

rutkap

Reaction score
Thanks Cherie.

I for one have not had much success with Twitter, but I will elevate it there.

Heck, I may just send them this post!!!

MeganR

Reaction score
Yes, exactly! I had the same issue - - I could not believe that the photo I submitted was added to the business's fake listing and worse still, they were notified of the photo!

Everyone on the forum has me second-guessing myself that this doesn't happen with the redressability form, but rather with the in-listing submit an edit feature. Now, I'm not sure how I submitted - - using the form or the submit an edit feature.

Do you recall how you submitted the photographic evidence? Which method you used?

Here's the other thread where we've been having the debate:

Last edited:

BenFisher

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Actually, you need to submit it via this form, what you were doing was suggesting an edit to a public profile. The photo you submitted is tied to your personal profile and it appears in this case could have been added to the listing. '

Either way do not submit to Twitter, they will point you to the form.

rutkap

Reaction score
Thank you,

I will fill out this form. BTW, twitter has not gotten back to me in over a week.

coolrunnings

Reaction score
I just sent photos to google on a garage door company that doesn't exist in an area I was in today and it is already gone. that was within 4 hours. Suggest an edit, added photos and boom it's no longer on google :)

Jac

Solutions
Reaction score
It will presented to fact checked to 100s of local guides and if most of them say YES then listing will be removed. it takes a month.

rutkap

Reaction score
I have submitted today. Took a little longer to get going on this than I wanted.

rutkap

Reaction score
I have submitted this twice, they still have not removed it even with all my evidence.

Any further suggestions?

rutkap

Reaction score
Oh yeah, the other one got taken down. That pleases me greatly.

Logan Torres

Reaction score
I would go to that address and from there, report the business as no existent. google believes request at that geo location better than other requests not at that address.

Belen C

Reaction score
Hi,

When i have this issues, if when after i mark it as does not exist, or duplicate, in some cases they will approve them fast.
After a time if is still there i contact them by chat.
At least for me is the easiest way as you are talking live to a person.

In my case usually they are duplicates of my listings. So cause of the name though maybe they are not exactly the same they remove it.
As you have photos proving the non existence i guess they will approve it as well.

Do you know if the listing are still claim?

Belen C

Reaction score
And also, in a share office if they have a sign outside with the name of the business that match the name of the listing, that is ok i pretty sure. Is not a motive to be eliminated as it an actual location where they work.