More threads by dmarks

dmarks

Reaction score
Questions about Setting Up GBP listing Best Practices, including linking Search Console, Analytics?

I have read a lot of speculation about the best practices in setting up GBP listings. I am curious if there is any actual proof that connecting a website to search console, analytics and GBP through the same email creates additional trust signals in Google's eyes? Also, for agency-level websites, following this model, is it still believed that setting up the GBP as a manager role would be the best practice?

If you started an agency today with 1000 clients, how would you model out setting up all of the properties to both provide the best trust signals, but also minimize your account risk if you inherit some clients that might have pushed boundaries in the past?

THANKS

Questions about Setting Up GBP listing Best Practices, including linking Search Console, Analytics?

I have read a lot of speculation about the best practices in setting up GBP listings. I am curious if there is any actual proof that connecting a website to search console, analytics and GBP through the same email creates additional trust signals in Google's eyes? Also, for agency-level websites, following this model, is it still believed that setting up the GBP as a manager role would be the best practice?

If you started an agency today with 1000 clients, how would you model out setting up all of the properties to both provide the best trust signals, but also minimize your account risk if you inherit some clients that might have pushed boundaries in the past?

THANKS

1. I don't think so. However, if you are going to run Google Ads for your GBP, then the "highest level owner" of the Google Ads account needs to be the "highest level owner" of the Google Analytics account too. Otherwise, you won't be able to link Google Ads to Google Analytics.

THANKS

I'm fairly certain Google has made clear (and someone please correct if not) that the mere fact of a website being linked to GA, Search Console, etc. plays no role in rankings or signals, regardless of what email is used. That would make sense to me. As to your other questions, I'm interested in finding out too.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom