More threads by Anatoliy

Anatoliy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I’m the owner of a local appliance repair business, and I handle my own SEO (I’ve got a background in IT and marketing). Here’s what I’ve done so far:

- I’ve optimized my website’s technical SEO, hitting 100% according to aHrefs site audit. It’s indexed by Google and listed on citation directories.
- My landing pages are optimized for key search terms, and I regularly update the site with blogs and other fresh content.
- I manage two Google Business Profiles for my locations, keeping them updated weekly.
- We’ve been diligent about collecting reviews, and in our 4 years of business, we’ve gathered hundreds. My local pack rankings have been improving, according to Local Falcon.
- I’m building quality backlinks, steadily increasing over time.
- I’ve started regular posting on Facebook and Instagram to boost social presence.

Despite all of this, I’m still not ranking as high as I’d like for my main keyword (“appliance repair tucson”), and a few competitors are consistently outperforming me in organic search.

What could I be missing?

I track performance using GA4 and Search Console. I used SemRUSH in the past but found it wasn’t that accurate for local searches, so I stopped. Now, I’m considering Moz or aHrefs to figure out why I’m getting outperformed and to guide me on what to fix.

For those of you running SEO for local service businesses, what tools do you recommend for troubleshooting and improving rankings? What’s worked best for you?

Thanks in advance!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

LocalU October 2024 Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom