More threads by Nikos

Nikos

Reaction score
When 'suggest an edit' is clicked some listings allow to write the business name on another dominant language. For instance, the business name might be written in English but Google may offer the option to add it in Spanish as soon as Spanish is a prominent language on that region.

I do have the feeling that adding the name on a secondary language helps a lot with queries on that language. The thing is that I don't see that option very often. I'd like to know how to trigger it. I think it is triggered when the business name is written in non-English languages.

1661182831704.png

Thanks for sharing! If your business serves a large customer base that speaks another language, it might be in your better interests to add the name of your business onto your Google My Business listing in other languages. This used to pretty straightforward on Google MapMaker (which retired March 2017) but is a bit trickier on Google Maps. However, this makes it seem like Google is making this feature more widely accessible.

Well I'm not sure if Google is making it widely available yet. If someone has found a way to add the business name in other languages please share. I suspect the edit is triggered when the name is not in English.

I have noticed that this option is most often possible if your default language setting is different from the profile language name.
For example, the business name is Spanish and your default language is English, then google allows you to add the name of this place in English.

I have to use this display a lot because I have found that changing the foreign-language name in dashboard does not necessarily change the English one. As far as I can tell, it displays ONLY if the browser used for suggestion is in english and it is the ONLY way to change the english name if the base name is not in English.

Note that what I call the "base name" does NOT appear to be dependent on the language in which Google Business Profile is being displayed! If Google does not show you the English name in dashboard (Here in Montreal we've only ever gotten French names), then suggestions is the ONLY way to change the English name.

When 'suggest an edit' is clicked some listings allow to write the business name on another dominant language. For instance, the business name might be written in English but Google may offer the option to add it in Spanish as soon as Spanish is a prominent language on that region.

I do have the feeling that adding the name on a secondary language helps a lot with queries on that language. The thing is that I don't see that option very often. I'd like to know how to trigger it. I think it is triggered when the business name is written in non-English languages.

1661182831704.png

Hello,
language is added or changed in the desktop version of Google Maps. Select the desired language.

AddText_10-01-09.41.48.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom