More threads by HRobinson

Reaction score
This listing has been up for many years. Never any problems and is one of several of a chain. While adjusting times for the Xmas Holidays I got a suspension notice.

Goodwill Plant City Store at 2802 James L Redman Parkway, Plant City, FL 33566, your Business Profile on Google has been suspended because it was flagged for suspicious activity.

I made a reinstatement request and got an email back saying.
Thank you for contacting Google My Business team about your business information being removed from Google Maps!

Based on the information provided, I'm happy to confirm that we were able to reinstate the listing for you. No further action is required on your part to verify it at this time.

Once the listing is live again, it may take a few days for it to start appearing on Google. You can check to see if your listing is showing by going to maps.google.com and typing in your business name and address.

After several days it was still suspended and I couldn't edit the dates for the Holiday. I emailed them back and asked why it is still suspended. Reply below.
Thank you for contacting Google My Business team.

We've looked at your account and it looks like your business is not eligible to display on Google Maps per our quality guidelines. Check out our guidelines for representing your business on Google to see what types of businesses are eligible to be on Google Maps.

What can I do to get this fixed?

@HRobinson:

1. Is there is another Goodwill GMB page at that address? I see one at S Alexander St, Plant City FL, but am not sure of the status of that one.

2. Did you use the same Google account to verify that page as you used for the other Goodwill pages? (I assume you're in charge of multiple locations.)

Because it's a bricks-and-mortar location, and clearly legit and affiliated with Goodwill, then the issue is unlikely to be one of GMB compliance. So either a technicality or a lemon GMB rep is causing the problem. My guess is it's #1 (an issue with what Google sees as a duplicate).

@HRobinson:

1. Is there is another Goodwill GMB page at that address? I see one at S Alexander St, Plant City FL, but am not sure of the status of that one.

2. Did you use the same Google account to verify that page as you used for the other Goodwill pages? (I assume you're in charge of multiple locations.)

Because it's a bricks-and-mortar location, and clearly legit and affiliated with Goodwill, then the issue is unlikely to be one of GMB compliance. So either a technicality or a lemon GMB rep is causing the problem. My guess is it's #1 (an issue with what Google sees as a duplicate).
@Phil Rozek
1. No, there is only one at that address.
2. Yes, there are several under that same account.

I think it is a lemon GMB rep too. I had the same problem with another and also asked why it was still suspended if OK and soon it was lifted. While on this one they decided to keep it suspended while saying it would be lifted soon. Now I can't send it through again for review as it is one of the questions and only allows once.

What would be a good next step?

So, first this is pretty common these days. It "usually" has to do with the proximity of a UPS dropbox or Fedex dropbox being nearby. There are other common reasons I cannot get into because of NDA.

Three things you can do:
1. Reply to the reinstatement email, stating you cannot submit a reinstatement request and need assistance getting unsuspended.
2. PM me your details and I will take a look at the listing.
3. Head to the community with all of your details, timelines and case ID's (I can escalate from there)

@HRobinson, I think it will end up taking some back-and-forth with Google, but the two next steps I'd suggest are:

1. Get rid of that other page (Good Will S Alexander St, Plant City FL - Google Search) by doing "suggest an edit" -> "Moved to a new location." So whether Google just sticks the correct address on that page or (we hope) redirects the page to the one you're trying to reinstate, you're in better shape than you are today.

The address on that page different, but it's nearby and uses the same phone number, so as a near-duplicate it may be gumming things up.

2. As Ben said, follow up with the Google rep. Make sure to provide the link to the "store" page on the local site and on the mothership:

(helps show that the location is legit and the info on the GMB page is correct)

HI @Phil Rozek and @BenFisher - Thanks so much for the advice.

I made the edit suggestion that the listing be "moved to a new location" for the correct address on the duplicate. (Good Will S Alexander St, Plant City FL - Google Search)

Now as the other one is suspended it is the one there.
Moved to the correct location.

I made a note to wait two days for that to be fully in the system. Then I'll respond to the email as suggested referencing our main site addresses.

Thanks for the suggestions and for offering to help me out. Hopefully, I can do this myself with your suggestions.

Last edited:
I've dealt with this a few times and I've found just resubmitting the reinstatement often works. It gets a new set of eyeballs on it I believe and it sounds like in your case that may be all that's needed.

I've dealt with this a few times and I've found just resubmitting the reinstatement often works. It gets a new set of eyeballs on it I believe and it sounds like in your case that may be all that's needed.

@JCL Marketing I went to resubmit again and got the question have you submitted this already? Are you honest with the reply? Because you can only submit one time.

Funny you say this because it seemed everything was OK. I was told it was cleared but still listed as suspended? Maybe it took time to clear the account. I needed to change the hours for the Xmas Holiday so I responded with why hasn't cleared and that "new set of eyes" decided to uphold the suspension.

@CL Marketing I went to resubmit again and got the question have you submitted this already? Are you honest with the reply? Because you can only submit one time.

I am not honest with the reply. No tellin’

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom