More threads by Tim Colling

Tim Colling

Local Search Expert
LocalU Member
Solutions
Reaction score
The appeal for reinstatement of my first suspension arising from the addition of a short name, dating back to June 18th, was denied yesterday, for quality reasons.

I think that I made a mistake in the original application for reinstatement that I filed by answering the question about what we had changed in the listing by saying, "Nothing, the suspension occurred because there is a bug that results in suspension when you choose a short name, in some cases." I should have just said that we changed something minor and then submitted it with that answer.

I will do that now and wait another four weeks for a reply.

Google is so frustrating some times.

Yeah, I see this all the time. I would suggest removing all the managers on the listing if you don't get anywhere with the next appeal. One of those people could have had an account suspension which could be slowing down your ability to get the listing reinstated.

Also, just wanted to clarify that the issue with short names wasn't causing suspensions. The listings were just randomly vanishing but did not show up as suspended in the dashboard.

Also, just wanted to clarify that the issue with short names wasn't causing suspensions. The listings were just randomly vanishing but did not show up as suspended in the dashboard.

Thanks, Joy. Correlation not causation, then.

I have the same exact situation going on, put in the short name and then they were suspended. I took your suggestion Tim and pointed that out when I submitted my 2nd appeal form. With all the crap on the map out there, I can't believe they would suspend a totally legit business that played by the rules and it's a hugely popular restaurant in St. Louis - it's actually a destination stop and featured on the local news stations. I am sure the short name caused this - very active account with 5 year history.

With all the crap on the map out there, I can't believe they would suspend a totally legit business that played by the rules
It was an programmatic error. Google wasn't intentionally or manually targeting valid sites.

Just an update - when I filed the second appeal I got an email back saying reply to the first appeal thread. Like you Tim I did not put that I had updated the short name.

You're lucky you've even had a reply! I've been suspended since the end of May. I changed my address (I suspected I'd get better placement with an actual listed address), then wham within 2 mins I'd been suspended.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom