More threads by ccastell88

Reaction score
Hi, i have a client who had google place listing created by a third party. My client now wants to claim the listing and take control over it. When we select the "is this your business?" manage this listing screenshot.422.jpg (because we want to claim the listing), while logged onto our GP account, it goes straight to the GP dashboard.

However there is no trace of the store on our dashboard.

So how can we claim this listing, and successfully transfer it over to our account

Is my only choice to create a new listing via the dashboard, which will create the listing again with the same information (a duplicate listing), then report the current listing as a duplicate?

What is the best course of action?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

screenshot.422.jpg

Login to the Google Places account with your new login - https://accounts.google.com/Service...tm_source=us-en-et-new_PlacesLP_Q22013_Showup

Enter the Phone Number for the business and it should bring up the listing that you want to claim:

claiming a listing.png

I'm not 100% sure how it will work if you have the new dashboard. Do you have the new dashboard?

Remember that it's key to make sure that the listing is removed from the old account so that it's not claimed in multiple accounts. Again, not sure how this will pan out with the new dash.

claiming a listing.png

Thanks for that information, very helpful.

I did what you mentioned, entered the phone number, however it wants us to validate the listing (sms, phone, mail). We manage over 400+ stores, and have used Google Bulk upload. Is there anyway to transfer the listing or even other listings without individual validation which will take quite a while? We have authority with the corporate marketing manager at the company.

Thanks,
Chris

Thanks for that information, very helpful.

I did what you mentioned, entered the phone number, however it wants us to validate the listing (sms, phone, mail). We manage over 400+ stores, and have used Google Bulk upload. Is there anyway to transfer the listing or even other listings without individual validation which will take quite a while? We have authority with the corporate marketing manager at the company.

Thanks,
Chris

Hi Chris,

The bulk upload feature is something I'm not all that familiar with.

Hopefully someone will weigh-in.

It's pretty quiet here today and Linda is away(http://localsearchforum.catalystema...estions/5218-linda-away-until-april-18th.html), but we have great members with tons of knowledge so I'm confident someone will be by.

I have a similar situation and with the new dashboard it throws you right into the create a new listing screen as seen below. I am currently holding off on everything because none of it functions like before and when I tried filling this out before it sent me right into the verification process for a new listing which feels like it is just creating another listing instead of giving me an option to claim an existing one.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom