DanielCPalmer

Reaction score
Hi Joy et al,
I'm managing two different Google Business pages for a law firm. The firm used to be called Baird Farrelly (see below search string):
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.33.47 AM.jpg
I need to delete or merge (seeking opinion) with Baird Law Firm. I've set up and confirmed Baird Law Firm, but it is not appearing in search results ("Baird law Firm Austin TX), just on the map. I've reached out to Google, pending an answer.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.36.53 AM.jpg

Baird Farrelly is no more; each have their own firms. I'd like to shift that search result to Baird Law Firm, which has a different street address, website, but same phone (which we used to confirm both listings).

I have access to both. Thoughts? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.33.47 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.36.53 AM.jpg

DanielCPalmer

Reaction score
Joy,
No, the other partner moved to a different location (her site is here). So that address is invalid all around. My first attempt was capturing the wrong location, then changing the name and address (to Baird Law Firm), but that didn't seem to work, and was probably an error on my part!

Thank you!

JoyHawkins

Administrator
Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Daniel,

This should be simple then. If you contact GMB you can ask them to mark the old location as moved. Point out that they have the same phone number (and website if that's true) and that they rebranded and moved.

They might have you unverify the old location first before proceeding.

DanielCPalmer

Reaction score
Done. Reached out to GMB chat support, and they nailed it. All relevant search queries point to the right firm.

Joy, you're great. Including the article I read of yours that led me to this path. Love it. Thanks!

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Lanerizz Tale of Two Cities And A Client on the Border Moving or Name Changes 6
djbaxter Tales of Horror from the Dark Side of Google My Business Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 0
pbarnhart The power of fake reviews - a tale from r/offmychest Local Reviews 4
Linda Buquet Thriving Post-Pigeon - Tale of 2 Listings that Rank #1 in the Next City Over Google My Business & Google Maps 14
M Tale of Three Sites! Why not ranking? What in the world did Google (or us) do? HELP! Local Search 6
Linda Buquet Lynx WNBA Team Google+ Page Deleted - A Cautionary Tale Local Search 3
Hanzel What would you do to make it in the Google 3 pack for "Personal Injury Lawyers" in Louisville Local Search 5
Ben Walsh Knowledge panel showing for Truck Accident Lawyer in Nashville TN Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 2
H Backlinks and Lawyers Local Search 3
IanJohnson Products vs Services for Lawyers Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Conor Treacy Looking for a copyright lawyer (I think)? Consultant's Corner 3
Oliver Keates Change in GMB Business name for lawyers industry Consultant's Corner 4
H Why do these three out of town lawyers show up high? Ranking Puzzles 18
S Lawyer SEO Local Search 7
dsteiner Proper Page Structure for Multi-Location Lawyers? Local Search 6
Garrett Sussman An Online Review Wake Up Call for Doctors and Lawyers Local Reviews 9
JoyHawkins Personal Injury Lawyer Wants to Rank in Tons of Cities Local Search 50
L Local Lawyer Backlink Building Local Search 4
S Spokane DUI Lawyer Map Pack Disappearing??? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Jo Shaer Lawyers on Google My Business Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Linda Buquet Attorney SEO: Local Citation Strategy & Other Google Local Insights for Lawyers Local Search 0
A Sex crime lawyer tampa - Interesting results Ranking Puzzles 4
Andrew Polanski Sex crime lawyer tampa - Interesting results Ranking Puzzles 4
Linda Buquet New Book: Winning at Local Search - The Nifty Guide to Online Marketing for Lawyers Local Search 3
RobinOctane Free or Cheap Press Release for Lawyers Local Search 1
Chris McCreery Adding Extension numbers via Map Maker to lawyer listings Google My Business & Google Maps 5
Eric Rohrback Can Lawyer Name Change Cause Problems? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
M Same lawyer - Both sites Page 1 - Main site in G+ & pack and EMD too - how? safe? Local Search 5
R Google Places DUPLICATES ? Have Doctor, Dentist or Lawyer DUPES? You NEED to Read Thi Google Duplicates & Merges 0
R Google Places DUPLICATES ? Have Doctor, Dentist or Lawyer DUPES? You NEED to Read Thi Google Duplicates & Merges 0