More threads by DanielCPalmer

Reaction score
Hi Joy et al,
I'm managing two different Google Business pages for a law firm. The firm used to be called Baird Farrelly (see below search string):
Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.33.47 AM.jpg
I need to delete or merge (seeking opinion) with Baird Law Firm. I've set up and confirmed Baird Law Firm, but it is not appearing in search results ("Baird law Firm Austin TX), just on the map. I've reached out to Google, pending an answer.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.36.53 AM.jpg

Baird Farrelly is no more; each have their own firms. I'd like to shift that search result to Baird Law Firm, which has a different street address, website, but same phone (which we used to confirm both listings).

I have access to both. Thoughts? Thank you!

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.33.47 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 11.36.53 AM.jpg

Hey Daniel,

Welcome to the forum! It's so much easier to understand the scenario when we have screenshots :)

I see the address changed. Did the other partner keep that address or did they also move?

Joy,
No, the other partner moved to a different location (her site is here). So that address is invalid all around. My first attempt was capturing the wrong location, then changing the name and address (to Baird Law Firm), but that didn't seem to work, and was probably an error on my part!

Thank you!

Hey Daniel,

This should be simple then. If you contact GMB you can ask them to mark the old location as moved. Point out that they have the same phone number (and website if that's true) and that they rebranded and moved.

They might have you unverify the old location first before proceeding.

Done. Reached out to GMB chat support, and they nailed it. All relevant search queries point to the right firm.

Joy, you're great. Including the article I read of yours that led me to this path. Love it. Thanks!

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom