LocalSEODat

Reaction score
Hi Everyone!!

I manage a small team that does the marketing at an immigration law firm. They have 2 locations, both in downtowns of Vancouver and Toronto.

Because we've been working from home for over 2mths now, they are rethinking, as many companies are of saving future costs of their large offices. We probably won't be back in the offices till Aug since my bosses are scared of re-infection.

I wanted to confirm my negative opinions of not having these 2 local offices and using shared office space addresses for occasional office needs of both locations.

Would this dramatically hurt our Local SEO? Are there any suggestions of possible solutions? They've had Van location since before 2013 and Toronto since 2016.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Dat

keyserholiday

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
That will not work at all. They business will be suspended once they attempt to move or set up the shared office spaces. What you are asking is a direct violation of Google’s TOS. The offices have to be fully staffed during normal and listed business hours. They would need a physical office with signage or risk being suspended. Since the client is in the legal space, they are under tighter restrictions and checks and balances.

LocalSEODat

Reaction score
Thank you! I was afraid of that. I know you can't use shared office spaces. But now they have a challenge, two large offices with a ton of monthly costs and now the ability with all the different software they've tried to manage teams remotely.

LocalSEODat

Reaction score
@JoyHawkins @Colan Nielsen Do you have any suggestions? Both also agree that without their two physical offices, that they won't be able to show up in local search for both Toronto and Vancouver? The only other solution is to find small businesses to sublease their large offices portions to them. That would be an even larger pain and another layer of work/management.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Dat, I 100% agree with Jason. The only other option is to change the law firm address to the firm owners residential address and set it up as a service area business and hide the address. This would limit their visibility to a certain extent. GMB might be ok with one service area type GMB per province if you did go with that option.

chadkimball

Reaction score
maybe theres a creative solution, can they downgrade their office space and staff it with one person? That way you can keep your local GMBs and no need to change any nap info etc..

Think of it as an ROI issue. If the profit that comes in through those two GMBs exceeds the cost of a small office space in the same building, its worth keeping. If the profit doesnt exceed those costs then it probably doesnt matter if you remove them.

shively

Reaction score
Consider what Mr Kimball said.

I think most property managers are very concerned about maintaining good relationships with their current tenants. I think something could be accomplished where both parties are satisfied.

chadkimball

Reaction score
I agree. I think they may even have other tenants who are canceling and might be more willing to work out a deal now than they normally do. Maybe even keep your address active and downsize you to a small room temporarily until this covid thing is over

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Professor M Is Google thinking of adding payment capabilities to GMB listings/website? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
B SEO A/B Testing is possible... And it is easier than you think Recycle Bin 0
david.victor Brand New GMB Listing Suspended (I think) because of...address(?) NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 3
D Tried to start a new GMB after suspended, is URL blacklisted? Starting to think so... Google My Business & Google Maps 7
W Thinking about opening second branch Multi-Location Issues 11
Conor Treacy Looking for a copyright lawyer (I think)? Consultant's Corner 3
P How often do you think it is necessary to update homepage text? Google Local 101 3
djbaxter Do Not Track may not mean what you think it means Websites, Software, and Security 3
G Competitor spamming GMB ( I think) Google My Business & Google Maps 9
Conor Treacy Bad Reviews, thinking of closing GMB profile Local Reviews 11
vivekrpatel What Local Experts Think About Higher Rankings and Local Link Outreach Local Search 0
Linda Buquet Place Pages are Back - But It's Not What you Think??? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
L Cray Cray Local Result - How are these Ranking? What do you think is up? Ranking Puzzles 7
Linda Buquet Cray Cray Local Result - How are these Ranking? What do you think is up? Ranking Puzzles 7
R New business name, new domain, same local listing. What do you think will happen? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
Linda Buquet Local Search Consultants - Think With Google Google My Business & Google Maps 8
K I think a duplicate phone number is affecting Maps ranking Help & Support for Google Local 3
2dogsdesign UGH - I think I have a mess! Help & Support for Google Local 8
T I think I might have figured out this ranking puzzle... Ranking Puzzles 11
T I think I might have figured out this ranking puzzle... Ranking Puzzles 11
Linda Buquet 5 Tricky Citation Sources Most SMBs and Local Consultants Don't Think Of Citations 4
J Google My Business Won't Save Category Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Justin Mosebach Google Maps Lists (Saved Places) Google My Business & Google Maps 0
T Edits to GMB Not Saving Google My Business & Google Maps 17
JoyHawkins Join Sterling Sky to Help Save a Life LSF News and Announcements 4
djbaxter Saving drafts in Xenforo Admin Stuff 0
SmallBizGeek Google forums moving to new platform - save your old content Google News: Important Changes & Features 3
D Does Google Save Data on Unclaimed Listings? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Phil Rozek GMB Categories Bug: Must Save Twice NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 5
mikepetersonwi Successful business being acquired - How to save the SEO value of their site Organic SEO 4
Garrett Sussman An Interview with Marie Haynes: Saving Sites and the Future of Link Building Local Reviews 21
O GMB unable to save category order. Local Search 1
Colan Nielsen 13 Time-saving Google My Business Support Shortcuts Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Linda Buquet Warning: GMB Verification Problems - Time Saving Advice to Avoid Frustration Google My Business & Google Maps 4
Chris McCreery Save your Place Page Warning Invades Canada Now? Google My Business & Google Maps 22
Adam C. Google Cost Per Click Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
N Cost of Local Service Ads (LSA) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 15
P How to Estimate the Cost of GMB listing when selling/buying a business Local Search 5
Peter Hill Express Update cost Citations 7
L Is Yext worth the cost?? Citations 7
JoshuaMackens Flat Fee vs Cost Per Lead Consultant's Corner 14
Linda Buquet Terrible Fake Trump Business Reviews could cost the #Trump Empire $100 Million. SAD! Local Reviews 2
Tim Sweeney Adwords Price Extensions - Show How Much Services And Products Cost Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Linda Buquet Discover Cost of Local SEO Campaigns PLUS Analysis of 300K Local SERPs Local Search 6
Linda Buquet Good SEO: How Much Does it Cost? What are the Pricing Models? via The Next Web Consultant's Corner 1
C Home Office Address - Low Cost Alternatives to using a PO Box Address Service Area Businesses 6
C Home Office Address - Low Cost Alternatives to using a PO Box Address Service Area Businesses 6
C Renting Multiple Low-Cost Office Locations or Mailing Addresses for Local SEO? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
carltonrsmith Has anyone ever worked out a cost-per-lead structure with a local client? Consultant's Corner 5
L Local Search Pros: Costs for Local Videos? Consultant's Corner 6