More threads by Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I know you are dying to see the new Local Search Ranking Factors. Don't worry, it's coming soon! :)

But you guys all know how much Google organic ranking factors figure into the local search algo, so I want to share some recent studies that just came out that analyze the top ORGANIC ranking factors.

Here are links to some of the studies and below are 2 infographics from SearchMetrics

SEO Ranking Factors - Rank Correlation 2013 for Google USA 2013 (Search Metrics)

The Periodic Table Of SEO Success Factors (Search Engine Lane)

(If you are newer to organic SEO or want a refresher here is a companion guide from Search Engine Land that's very good. Search Engine Land’s Guide To SEO)

This one just came out. Google Ranking Factors Post-penguin 2.0 (Netmark.com)

I'm surprised to see how social signals are taking the cake in many of these studies.

Search Metrics Infographics Below

What factors are playing a role in top ranking pages?

us-ranking-factors-2013.jpg

searchmetrics_infographic_ranking_factors_us_2013.jpg

What do you think? Find any of this surprising? Anything to add?

searchmetrics_infographic_ranking_factors_us_2013.jpg

us-ranking-factors-2013.jpg

Google Ranking Factors Post-penguin 2.0 | Netmark.com

For me it's interesting to see how off-site factors are still king - considering many people have touted on-site factors as the primary key as of late.

Create an optimized, well structured website and produce quality content, incorporating social media whenever possible. How hard can it be? ;)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom