vpramod1

Reaction score
I was hoping to use a third party service to take the calls that I receive from Google Local Services Ads and the third party service screens the prospects and schedules a meeting with me where appropriate. Would having a different phone number on Google Local Services ad affect my website's organic ranking / SEO as I would not have NAP consistency. Using the third party service will require that I put a different phone number on the Local Services Ad than the one that I use for my business and is on my website and so I was concerned that it might affect my organic search ranking. Am i right to be concerned ?

vpramod1

Reaction score
Tom Waddington who is awesome and is deeply knowledgable about local services ads and all things Google My Business gave the reply. Deeply appreciate Tom for his insight.

Hi Pramod,

Nope, it would not impact your website or SEO if you want to do that. It would be fine to use a tracking number.

Tom

TomW

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Pramod,

Nope, it would not impact your website or SEO if you want to do that. It would be fine to use a tracking number.

Tom

vpramod1

Reaction score
Thanks Tom. Deeply respect and appreciate your knowledge and expertise in local services ads and I have learnt a lot from all the useful information you have provided online on this topic.

Ryan Steinolfson

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hey @TomW , do you think it would effect the Local SEO for the GMB page if we used a different phone number for the GLS page vs the GMB page?

If so, how much of an effect would it have on the rankings?

Thank you, :)

TomW

Local Search Expert
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi @Ryan Steinolfson, it is fine to use a tracking number for Local Services. It does not need to be the same number as GMB and would not impact rankings.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Google Local Services Ads - Lack of Leads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 9
S Local Services Ads - Fake Reviews Local Reviews 1
djbaxter Online Conference Pubcon Local Services Marketing Conference, January 20-21, 2021 Events 3
L Local Service Ad for Attorney Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
JoyHawkins Are Local Services Ads Stealing Clicks from Google My Business? A Case Study of 110 Listings Paid Search and Local Service Ads 0
M Decreased traffic to Google maps due to local service ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 1
Scott ClientClicks Call Tracking for Local Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
NexstarNickR Google Local Service Ads: Price Increases due to Bidding Rollout Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
Brian Barwig How to Win at Local Search with Service Area Businesses Service Area Businesses 3
N Local services Ad Approach for Businesses with Multiple locations on one GMB Account Paid Search and Local Service Ads 4
N Cost of Local Service Ads (LSA) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 15
J Local Service Ads (LSA) impact on GMB calls? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Scott ClientClicks Local service ads - change link? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Adam C. Google Local Services Ads Management / Setup Paid Search and Local Service Ads 13
Tony Wang Local Services Ad Spam Paid Search and Local Service Ads 11
danielwallace Needing to transfer reviews from local listings to 1 service area listing Google Duplicates & Merges 1
R Local City Service Pages Local Search 2
EmilyW Local Service Ads: Help w/Service Areas Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
Travis Van Slooten Need PPC Guru and/or Agency for Local Service Biz Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
W Local Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
CJCJR Rise & Fall: Local Service Page via Paid Links Local Search 4
djbaxter Which service-area business types perform best in local search? Service Area Businesses 0
R Tracking numbers for local service company Citations 4
R Found Local Service Ads in GMB (SIAP) Paid Search and Local Service Ads 15
JoyHawkins New Option to Promote Local Search Services & Tools LSF News and Announcements 2
R Looking for Local SEO Services in India Contact Us Messages 2
ValerieM Advice Local Directory Listing Service - Suggestions or Advice Citations 24
J Local service question Local Search 3
Sergio Borges Looking for White Label Local SEO & Social Media Services? Recycle Bin 0
rutkap Question about Local Service Ads Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
D GMB and Local Service Ad Reviews Local Reviews 3
R Free Webinar: Google Local Service Ads with Tom Waddington Events 1
JoyHawkins Looking for White Label Local SEO & Social Media Services? Local Search 14
Colan Nielsen Which Local Citation Sources Let You Specify a Service Area? Service Area Businesses 4
Dan Foland Google Officially Announces 'Local Service Businesses' Improvements Service Area Businesses 6
rosie.brightlocal Local Services Ads Click Study: Where do people click on local SERPs? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 5
Linda Buquet MUST Read! The Changing Local SEO Services Market via @mblumenthal @davidmihm Consultant's Corner 2
A How to structure Local service? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 3
O Google Local Services Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Linda Buquet Google Local Service Ads Expanding + Great insights from @mblumenthal & @davidmih Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
B Client Service is not visible on Local 3 Pack. Local Search 3
econbethelmy where can I find a local seo services? Recycle Bin 0
Ray Litvak How to Transition from a being a Web Writer to a Local SEO Services Provider Consultant's Corner 3
D Moz Local and Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 8
Dino Moz Local and Service Area Business Service Area Businesses 8
Priya Chandra Are there more than 3 types of local SEO services? Local Search 2
S How is Amazon Home Services affecting Local Local Search 5
B Local SEO For The Home Service Industry Is Doomed! Local Search 8
L Google Local SEO for Service Area Businesses via Joy Hawkins @Moz Service Area Businesses 6
Linda Buquet Google Local SEO for Service Area Businesses via Joy Hawkins @Moz Service Area Businesses 6