Linda Buquet

Local Search Expert
Reaction score
I know you are dying to see the new Local Search Ranking Factors. Don't worry, it's coming soon! :)

But you guys all know how much Google organic ranking factors figure into the local search algo, so I want to share some recent studies that just came out that analyze the top ORGANIC ranking factors.

Here are links to some of the studies and below are 2 infographics from SearchMetrics

SEO Ranking Factors - Rank Correlation 2013 for Google USA 2013 (Search Metrics)

The Periodic Table Of SEO Success Factors (Search Engine Lane)

(If you are newer to organic SEO or want a refresher here is a companion guide from Search Engine Land that's very good. Search Engine Land’s Guide To SEO)

This one just came out. Google Ranking Factors Post-penguin 2.0 (Netmark.com)

I'm surprised to see how social signals are taking the cake in many of these studies.

Search Metrics Infographics Below

What factors are playing a role in top ranking pages?

us-ranking-factors-2013.jpg

searchmetrics_infographic_ranking_factors_us_2013.jpg

What do you think? Find any of this surprising? Anything to add?

searchmetrics_infographic_ranking_factors_us_2013.jpg

us-ranking-factors-2013.jpg

adammaxum

Reaction score
Google Ranking Factors Post-penguin 2.0 | Netmark.com

For me it's interesting to see how off-site factors are still king - considering many people have touted on-site factors as the primary key as of late.

Create an optimized, well structured website and produce quality content, incorporating social media whenever possible. How hard can it be? ;)

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
J Client shows up in top 3 organically but does NOT have a Google balloon! Help & Support for Google Local 6
abbiebeltran Google Reviews Now Have 'Service-Testimonial-Tags' at the Top Local Reviews 1
Colan Nielsen Top 10 Changes That Impacted Google My Business in 2020 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Colan Nielsen Top 10 Changes That Impacted Google My Business in 2020 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
foxxr Can We Put a "Top Rated on Google" Badge on a Website? Local Search 3
M North Face tried to scam Wikipedia to get its products to the top of Google search Organic SEO 0
Linda Buquet Local Impact - 4 Google Adwords on Top Paid Search and Local Service Ads 7
P Google no longer shows ads on right side, adds another ad spot to the top of the SERP Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Peek Inside the Google Top Contributor Summit This Week Google My Business & Google Maps 0
K Google Testing 100% Pay-To-Play Nearby Local Business Ads At Top of SERPs Paid Search and Local Service Ads 20
Linda Buquet Surprise! Google Top 100 Most Expensive Keywords - Lots of Local Nuggets in Here Local Search 9
Linda Buquet Onsite SEO in 2015 & Surviving Google: SEO in 2020 - Top Slidedecks from #Mozcon Local Search 3
Linda Buquet POLL: Share Your Top New Year Wishes for Google Local in 2015 - VOTE! Google My Business & Google Maps 11
Linda Buquet Google Local Guidelines - Insights from Top Contributors Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Dustybones Missing Keyword Data and the Top Search Queries in Google My Business Insights? Google My Business & Google Maps 8
B No longer showing on Google Local Top 7 Help & Support for Google Local 25
jason2004 Still no traffic after getting top positions on Google and Yahoo local!? Local Search 2
Linda Buquet Don't Miss Important Google Local News - How to Stay On Top of It All Local Search 1
Linda Buquet Congrats to New Google Top Contributor - Colan Nielsen! Google My Business & Google Maps 13
Bishop What are the top review sites that influence Google Places rank? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Optimize Prime Google Update (Screenshots): Product bar at the top is gone. Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Linda Buquet Sad to Miss Google Top Contributor Summit This Week Google My Business & Google Maps 8
Linda Buquet Research Shows Under-cover Google Employees are "Top Reviewers" - Interesting Local Reviews 0
G Is it possible to rank a client's Google Places listing in top 7 without a website? Help & Support for Google Local 10
Linda Buquet Google+ Local: What You Need to Know Now + The Top Local Blogs Local Search 2
Local Search News Curator Google+ Local: What You Need to Know Now, The Top Blogs & Where to Get Help Recycle Bin 0
xds40 Top Rated Icon Google My Business & Google Maps 3
M News Section at Top of Organic Search? Organic SEO 0
PaulSteinbrueck What is this at the top of the SERPs and how do you get in? Local Search 8
M Spam at top of SERPs Spam on Google 8
LocalSEODat Can someone help with this Top Snack Pk ranking fake GMB listing? Spam on Google 3
djbaxter Microsoft Defender ATP gets top scoring in industry tests Websites, Software, and Security 0
AndySimpson A+ local guide's post getting pushed to the top of the reviews Local Reviews 3
razorclicks The Top 5 Factors for a Review to be marked Most Relevant Local Reviews 5
Ryan Steinolfson What are your Top 5 suggestions? Google My Business & Google Maps 23
Tim Colling Is this post a little too over the top, spam-wise? Local Search Experts Forum 7
jasonfox A client was ranking in the top 3 results on map pack and after web redesign has fallen to 11 Local Search 7
whiz Consultants: Competitive Analysis for Local Ranking - What are top factors you check? Consultant's Corner 19
C Top Orphan Local Directories Local Search 1
djbaxter Top web browsers 2018: Chrome, then everyone else Websites, Software, and Security 2
Linda Buquet NEW - Find Top Ranking KeyWords for Any Site from Moz Local SEO Tools & Software 0
Linda Buquet Friday Funnies: 20 Jokes Only a Marketer Could Love LOL - Top Rank Blog Break Room: Chat and Off Topic 4
Digitaldar Ads in top 4 plus bottom of page? Local Search 4
Matt Casady Will Top Storage Citation Sources Cause NAP Issues? Citations 7
Linda Buquet Top 100 Local Business Directories/Citations for Local SEO by Andrew Shotland @Yext Citations 12
profzam Top traditional healer $spells caster in business/love spells/financial +27839894244 Recycle Bin 0
Brent Fluxx Media Not ranking in the top of maps. Yext cleanup? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
djbaxter SearchEngineLand: Top 10 Local Search Columns Of 2015 Google Local 101 0
fixascrew Is it impossible to rank in the top 3 here? Help & Support for Google Local 4
Linda Buquet Top 3 Local Search Necessities: Links, Citations & Maps, Oh my! Google Local 101 1