More threads by CaribouFondue

CaribouFondue

Solutions
Reaction score
Solution
Linking to the GBP has always been considered a useless tactic. There has been no evidence presented (that I have seen) that linking to the profile provides any ranking benefit.

@JoyHawkins has tested it, and I guess she saw a temporary bump, but I think that bump could have been from other signals.

I'm always interested in more tests and case studies, though.

Links from social sites are also questionable. Since they're nofollowed, and since they're so easy to get, it's unlikely they pass much value. Again, I'd love to see a test, though.

My take on these activities is that they're not worth your time. Spend that time on other things that we know have an impact.
Linking to the GBP has always been considered a useless tactic. There has been no evidence presented (that I have seen) that linking to the profile provides any ranking benefit.

@JoyHawkins has tested it, and I guess she saw a temporary bump, but I think that bump could have been from other signals.

I'm always interested in more tests and case studies, though.

Links from social sites are also questionable. Since they're nofollowed, and since they're so easy to get, it's unlikely they pass much value. Again, I'd love to see a test, though.

My take on these activities is that they're not worth your time. Spend that time on other things that we know have an impact.

Solution

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom