More threads by Zhanna

Zhanna

Reaction score
Hi guys!
The restaurant I am working with quickly has grown to a chain of 4 restaurants and started selling franchises. Now we are having multiple issues with presence in Google, which I am struggling to resolve. I would really appreciate your advice and opinions.

What we have:
- 4 locations (two in Barcelona, two in Madrid)
- A website with location pages for each restaurant in English and Spanish
- Schema markup for multilocation businesses (homepage, location pages)
- SEO shield made for the oldest Restaurant location #1
- SEO shield extension made for one more location
- Authoritative domains, Links and traffic campaigns.

The issues:
  1. For the searches “{Brandname} + {city}” Google shows a knowledge panel of the most authoritative location in each city rather than the map pack. What can we do in order to get the map pack?
  2. For Brand Name searches Google shows a knowledge panel of the oldest location. Is it okay for the chain of restaurants or we can do better?
  3. The owner is willing to give new restaurants different names, for example:

{Brandname} Brunch & Bakery
{Brandname} Brunch & Cocktails
{Brandname} Brunch & Coffee
{Brandname} Brunch & Dinner

It wasn’t a problem before the franchise idea, but now it causes a lot of issues. For example, Facebook store pages must have the same name as the main page to show that they are part of the same business and now we can't create store pages with different names.

What would you recommend doing in this situation in order to avoid even more issues (with restaurant names and online entities set up)?

do8aVh00q8KWPI0Gw5577eyrdDqsb7v8ClAMcOtQyEsEH5znSg.png

4. The last issue is the website snippet. Google pulls up weird names for the pages. There are no names like this either in the page titles or in the headlines. And the use of Capital letters could be better. How can I fix this?

bp4-fgUmWSqRuRC7pX6grONlp6r9X5Y0XBXdh31aglc9A0CUcg.png

Thank you very much in advance for all your opinions!

I would look into getting citations set up for all locations instead of attempting to change the names. Sometimes citations can be the difference from triggering a KP result. Check with Brightlocal to see if they can build citations in your two cities.

I would look into getting citations set up for all locations instead of attempting to change the names. Sometimes citations can be the difference from triggering a KP result. Check with Brightlocal to see if they can build citations in your two cities.

Thank you @keyserholiday ! Will do.

Do you have any ideas about the mess in the content of the snippet?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom