More threads by freerunr

Reaction score
While logged into a GMB account and viewing the Settings section, there is an option called "Important updates" that is grayed-out and selected by-default in every individual account of ours that I've looked at.
1567781207373.png

I'm assuming GMB page access requests fall under this notification setting, but I'm wondering if anyone can confirm that. When we tested turning off all other notifications, page access requests still come through. If this is the setting responsible for those, I can understand why it's grayed-out -- it's a pretty important notification for business owners and third parties managing pages.

However, I'm wondering if anyone knows how to turn off those notifications (yes, there is a reason). I wonder if this help file is even alluding to this setting when it says. "Regardless of your notifications settings, you may still receive important updates about your account from Google."

As far as I know there is no way to turn off the page access request notifications, as those are pretty important. If somebody is trying to request access into the listing, all accounts of "owner" and above will be notified because they need to either approve it or reject it. Not really the kind of thing you can just ignore.

... Not really the kind of thing you can just ignore.

You're right..... except when you have a very large team of marketers who each have an individual Google account with access to a GMB agency account, and don't want everyone to get notifications for all customers :(

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom