More threads by Chucker

Reaction score
I have a client who offers an emergency dental service and runs this service from existing dental clinics by renting a room in existing clinics and runs Google ads but wants to rank locally organically for Emergency Dentist + Location.

Each of these clinics has an existing GMB in the clinic name.

Would setting up a new GMB in the emergency clinic business mane cause any conflicts / issues?

Would setting up a new GMB in the emergency clinic business mane cause any conflicts / issues?

If he set up a GBP at those dental clinics there is a good chance it could conflict and/or filter the GBP's that are already established there.

Do they have their own office that they practice at in addition to the locations they travel to?

If he set up a GBP at those dental clinics there is a good chance it could conflict and/or filter the GBP's that are already established there.

Do they have their own office that they practice at in addition to the locations they travel to?

The business model is that they rent spare unused rooms in dental clinics that traditionally do not offer emergency dentistry. So, they don't actually have their own premises but operate out of others. But before I advise them ti set up GMB I didn't want to impact their host clinic's GMB or sabotage anything

I have had several clients who share addresses with another organization, and I've never had a problem with Google filtering either organization. However, these organizations were different types of companies. That said, I know there are plenty of professional buildings that have multiple people of the same profession (doctors, lawyers, etc.) and they don't typically have issues with GBPs. If you are concerned, you could always add a suite number (ex. 123 Broad St. Suite 101).

I have had several clients who share addresses with another organization, and I've never had a problem with Google filtering either organization. However, these organizations were different types of companies. That said, I know there are plenty of professional buildings that have multiple people of the same profession (doctors, lawyers, etc.) and they don't typically have issues with GBPs. If you are concerned, you could always add a suite number (ex. 123 Broad St. Suite 101).

Hi Kurt, you nailed it. If they are different companies using different categories you won't run into filtering issues.

Filtering is still very much a thing though when you have multiple GBP's using the same, or even similar categories at the same location.

Thanks for your advice guys - very helpful I will go with the suite option too

In my experience suite numbers don't make a difference. I'm fairly certain that Google ignores the suite # field altogether.

In my experience suite numbers don't make a difference. I'm fairly certain that Google ignores the suite # field altogether.

what would you do in this situation as I don't want to mess up the GMB for the clinic from which my client is renting but I also want my client to rank for this emergency service

It's a tricky scenario because you never know when it will create problems. The only way to be sure is to not set him up at their locations. I'd run a few test locations so you can have some data.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

Events

Brightlocal - Local SEO for Good

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom