Reaction score
Hi LocalSearch Team,

Hope you are doing well!

Today I'm writing to you in regard to the unavailability to change the custom URL link on YouTube with the new name of a business that I manage. I have opened a thread on the YouTube Community, however, nobody replied so far. Thus, I wanted to ask for your assistance.

Currently, the business name was changed from "Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Centre" to "Hilton Warsaw City". The name has been successfully updated on YouTube, however, the custom URL gives only the old brand name as an option and despite poking the dashboard and name section, this bug is still present, attached a screenshot for your convenience.

Kindly note, that the channel is under a brand account and has met all of the YouTube guidelines required for custom URL availability. Thus, I kindly ask to assist us in this matter so we could claim the accurate custom URL.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Jaklin Topalova

Custom-URL.png

beckyweller

LocalU Member
Reaction score
Hi, not exactly sure what you have tried yet, so if you've already followed these steps I apologize, but you need to follow the 'remove custom URL & claim new one' steps on this page.

When you click the about me link it should take you to your account settings and under About you should see your custom URL when you click the > button it will take you to a remove option. Once you've removed the old custom URL you should be able to add in a new one, granted that the new one you want isn't already in use by someone else.

Reaction score
Hi, not exactly sure what you have tried yet, so if you've already followed these steps I apologize, but you need to follow the 'remove custom URL & claim new one' steps on this page.

When you click the about me link it should take you to your account settings and under About you should see your custom URL when you click the > button it will take you to a remove option. Once you've removed the old custom URL you should be able to add in a new one, granted that the new one you want isn't already in use by someone else.
Hi Becky,

I have already done this step numerous times but the main issue is that YouTube always suggests the old brand name "Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Centre" (as shown on the screenshot above) when the accurate one is "Hilton Warsaw City" already updated throughout the channel and on Google. Double-checked if the desired URL has been taken by someone else but fortunately, it is available for a claim if this option is provided to us by YouTube.

I have checked other threads where people have experienced the same issue and the only thing that worked for them was to be connected with someone from YouTube's team to manually fix this bug and enable the new custom URL name for them.

Hope this makes sense and would love to hear your feedback. Also, if we could be forwarded to someone from YouTube's Team will be game changer.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Jaklin

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
Collin Unable to delete photos or change the category Google My Business & Google Maps 2
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 14
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
L Unable to Verify after Requesting Access Google My Business & Google Maps 3
mikepetersonwi Unable to create GMB listing as it's considered a duplicate Google Duplicates & Merges 1
A Unable to Submit for Hidden Addresses Help & Support for Google Local 2
T Unable to Claim an Unverified Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Oliver Keates Unable to Verify Knowledge? Local Search 2
Rich Owings Google temporarily unable to transfer reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 8
T Need Help, Unable To Get In The Business Index Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Unable to Add Free Listing To YP Due To "Thryv.com" sales. Citations 16
Cordell Crowley Unable to See Business's Star Rating/Number of Reviews at First Glance? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley Unable to hide address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Travis Van Slooten Unable to Claim or Update iBegin Listings (Unless Using Yext)? Local Search 14
O GMB unable to save category order. Local Search 1
TonyIsSocial Unable to Add Myself as Manager to Client Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
M Unable to Respond to Google Reviews - New Bug? Local Reviews 5
Travis Van Slooten We Are Unable To Store Your Image At This Time??? Help & Support for Google Local 5
hajnasiewicz GMB repeatedly changing Health & Safety and Service Options Local Content 6
chadkimball Trying to change my signature from Chad Kimball Maps to Chaddo.com as the link anchor Forum Tech Support 2
S Bulk Upload for Changes - Weird Situation Google My Business & Google Maps 0
C Change of operator Google Duplicates & Merges 8
Greg Bernhardt Increased frequency of listing suspensions for legit changes Google My Business & Google Maps 8
dateinadash Will changing https:// to https://www cause an issue with rankings? Organic SEO 3
C Changing website on GMB listing seems to have caused massive a loss of traffic :( Moving or Name Changes 1
JohnnyM Changing Information in citations Google Local 101 1
Caroline GMB headline photo won't change NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 8
micromano Will changing a business name in GMB cause reviews to be lost? Moving or Name Changes 3
M Google changes client's 5 year old, verified GMB to a duplicate listing Google Duplicates & Merges 7
J Changing phone number on individual location GMBs NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
NickB-Tampa Why does Google keep updating changing the main category on our listings to ones that don't make as much sense? NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 2
A How to change GMB ticket field in search results knowledge panel NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 4
B Can't change the telephone number in the GMB account Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Professor M Google Maps and Google My Business Big Changes - Google Maps Local News Feed Google My Business & Google Maps 26
P Posts Created for Change in Business Hours Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Stef Kiley GMB Service area changes? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Colan Nielsen Top 10 Changes That Impacted Google My Business in 2020 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
ErinJones Google My Business Category Changes by Month Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Colan Nielsen Top 10 Changes That Impacted Google My Business in 2020 Google My Business & Google Maps 0
Tyler Hammer How to change language on GMB Dashboard Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Scott ClientClicks Local service ads - change link? Paid Search and Local Service Ads 2
med-just Strategic Implications of Changing Primary Business Category NAP, Categories, Dashboard Data 7
U Receiving reviews, reviews showing but review count not changing Local Reviews 0
Koray Tuğberk GÜBÜR Can Changing a Listings' Ownership delete the Comments? Local Search 2
coachmarino Longer than usual for changes? Local Search 3
F Changes To URL = Suspended Recycle Bin 0
djbaxter Upcoming API Change to break Facebook, Instagram oEmbed Links October 24 Mobile & Social 0
JoyHawkins [Technical Issue] Don't Change the Address on Service Area Business Listings Google News: Important Changes & Features 5
Ben Walsh Branding name change for local attorney ( legalities) Ask a LocalU Expert [PRIVATE] (LocalU) 1