More threads by jaklintopalova

Reaction score
Hi LocalSearch Team,

Hope you are doing well!

Today I'm writing to you in regard to the unavailability to change the custom URL link on YouTube with the new name of a business that I manage. I have opened a thread on the YouTube Community, however, nobody replied so far. Thus, I wanted to ask for your assistance.

Currently, the business name was changed from "Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Centre" to "Hilton Warsaw City". The name has been successfully updated on YouTube, however, the custom URL gives only the old brand name as an option and despite poking the dashboard and name section, this bug is still present, attached a screenshot for your convenience.

Kindly note, that the channel is under a brand account and has met all of the YouTube guidelines required for custom URL availability. Thus, I kindly ask to assist us in this matter so we could claim the accurate custom URL.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best Regards,
Jaklin Topalova

Custom-URL.png

Solution
Hi, not exactly sure what you have tried yet, so if you've already followed these steps I apologize, but you need to follow the 'remove custom URL & claim new one' steps on this page.

When you click the about me link it should take you to your account settings and under About you should see your custom URL when you click the > button it will take you to a remove option. Once you've removed the old custom URL you should be able to add in a new one, granted that the new one you want isn't already in use by someone else.
Hi, not exactly sure what you have tried yet, so if you've already followed these steps I apologize, but you need to follow the 'remove custom URL & claim new one' steps on this page.

When you click the about me link it should take you to your account settings and under About you should see your custom URL when you click the > button it will take you to a remove option. Once you've removed the old custom URL you should be able to add in a new one, granted that the new one you want isn't already in use by someone else.

Solution

Hi Becky,

I have already done this step numerous times but the main issue is that YouTube always suggests the old brand name "Hilton Warsaw Hotel and Convention Centre" (as shown on the screenshot above) when the accurate one is "Hilton Warsaw City" already updated throughout the channel and on Google. Double-checked if the desired URL has been taken by someone else but fortunately, it is available for a claim if this option is provided to us by YouTube.

I have checked other threads where people have experienced the same issue and the only thing that worked for them was to be connected with someone from YouTube's team to manually fix this bug and enable the new custom URL name for them.

Hope this makes sense and would love to hear your feedback. Also, if we could be forwarded to someone from YouTube's Team will be game changer.

Thank you in advance!

Best Regards,
Jaklin

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Trending: Most Viewed

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom