Reaction score
I have a client that was an insurance agent with a national brand and is now an independent insurance agent. My problem is that the national brand is the primary owner of his GMB listing and won't give it up. I've created a new listing with the same NAP and it is not surprisingly flagged as a duplicate listing. The national brand has since marked the business as permanently closed. So now I can't create a new GMB listing, and the old is marked as closed. Any direction would be appreciated.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Solutions
Reaction score
Hey Mike, this is a really good question. Practitioner GMB listings typically belong to the practitioner and not the practice but it gets complicated in cases that involve a national brand.

I'm going to try and get some feedback from Google on this. I'll post back here if and when I get clarification.

Thanks

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
K Unable to get verified in Google for SAB Local Search 13
Collin Unable to delete photos or change the category Google My Business & Google Maps 2
J Unable to change the custom URL link on YouTube for a rebranded business Local Content 2
kathleen.rhodes We are unable to get Google to merge 2 duplicate listings into the correct one Google Duplicates & Merges 1
J Unable to Log Into Client's GMB with Agency Email Help & Support for Google Local 5
L Unable to Verify after Requesting Access Google My Business & Google Maps 3
A Unable to Submit for Hidden Addresses Help & Support for Google Local 2
T Unable to Claim an Unverified Listing Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Oliver Keates Unable to Verify Knowledge? Local Search 2
Rich Owings Google temporarily unable to transfer reviews Google Duplicates & Merges 8
T Need Help, Unable To Get In The Business Index Google My Business & Google Maps 12
Jeremy Web Flux Marketing Unable to Add Free Listing To YP Due To "Thryv.com" sales. Citations 16
Cordell Crowley Unable to See Business's Star Rating/Number of Reviews at First Glance? Google My Business & Google Maps 2
Cordell Crowley Unable to hide address? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Travis Van Slooten Unable to Claim or Update iBegin Listings (Unless Using Yext)? Local Search 14
O GMB unable to save category order. Local Search 1
TonyIsSocial Unable to Add Myself as Manager to Client Pages Google My Business & Google Maps 11
M Unable to Respond to Google Reviews - New Bug? Local Reviews 5
Travis Van Slooten We Are Unable To Store Your Image At This Time??? Help & Support for Google Local 5
T Can a Credit Union Create Google Posts Without Falling Under Prohibited Content? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
hajnasiewicz Google Marketing Kit: Create Video Local Content 3
O Create an online store with Chinese goods Recycle Bin 0
A Listing suspended due to account manager spamming? Google advise to create new GMB Local Search 13
J Recommendations needed for creating a baseline Local Search 4
D GMB Reinstate or Create New Account After Relocating Local SEO Job Board 2
eshad Account suspended, duplicate created. Suspended listing shows. Verified listing does not Google Duplicates & Merges 3
W 1 business wants to create 2 profiles Google Local 101 11
H Home page and create map Google My Business & Google Maps 0
P Posts Created for Change in Business Hours Google My Business & Google Maps 2
djbaxter NEW Creating a new article thread How To Guides 0
djbaxter NEW How to create a new question and answer thread How To Guides 4
P Is it possible to create a second GMB page for a new business based at same address and landline? Multi-Location Issues 1
ashikjibon Can I create another GMB page by using the same Business name? (Different Location) Multi-Location Issues 4
P Creating Content Silo to improve Category Page (Best Practice Query) Local Content 1
j_holtslander Insta-fail when creating a place? Help & Support for Google Local 5
C Help: new owner for biz, former employee created GMB, posting offensive photos and won't relinquish Help & Support for Google Local 12
H Should I create a GMB if there is no 3-pack in the SERP? Google My Business & Google Maps 3
Nicole Basham Are You Still Creating Regular Google Posts? Google My Business & Google Maps 5
N Creating new location groups, does it affect other owners/managers' views? Multi-Location Issues 2
Oliver Keates Creating a GMB after Covid 19 Google My Business & Google Maps 1
CarrieHill NEW Use Places Scout to Create Visual Aids for Ranking, Monitor GMB Changes & Create GMB Scorecards Local SEO Tools & Software 4
Greg Bernhardt Creating a GMB listing for attorney owner of law firm Google My Business & Google Maps 7
K How Are New Categories Created? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
Rich Owings Can new GMB listings be created now? Google My Business & Google Maps 6
P Can you recommend a person or company to create Schema? Local Search 6
J Should I Create a GMB Website Google My Business & Google Maps 7
Barb Davids Create an event that my client works for but didn't create? Google My Business & Google Maps 1
M Fake Map Listings Auto-Created by Citation Service? Spam on Google 6
jasonfox I own a Real Estate Brokerage with 40 agents. What do I tell my agents when they can not create a GMB? Google Duplicates & Merges 17
A Am I creating duplicate content? Google Duplicates & Merges 9