More threads by mikepetersonwi

Reaction score
I have a client that was an insurance agent with a national brand and is now an independent insurance agent. My problem is that the national brand is the primary owner of his GMB listing and won't give it up. I've created a new listing with the same NAP and it is not surprisingly flagged as a duplicate listing. The national brand has since marked the business as permanently closed. So now I can't create a new GMB listing, and the old is marked as closed. Any direction would be appreciated.

Hey Mike, this is a really good question. Practitioner GMB listings typically belong to the practitioner and not the practice but it gets complicated in cases that involve a national brand.

I'm going to try and get some feedback from Google on this. I'll post back here if and when I get clarification.

Thanks

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU - Local SEO Penalties for Links

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom