More threads by Jaimie S

Jaimie S

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing an unprecedented amount of GBP suspensions? I had 3 separate profiles suspend after doing a post on the account. Other accounts are suspending after making changes to business hours or main categories.

These are across 3 different countries and listings are managed by different Users (in different countries, different logins etc).

Its been about 1-2 weeks of this.

Is this the same for any other agencies?

Thanks ahead!

Solution
Changing categories can trigger a suspension. I know that Google was suspended business profiles for updating the hours and that was a bug and shouldn't be happening. Getting suspended for creating a post is not normal and sounds like a bug.
Haha, Chad we have been editing throughout and have seen a downtrend for sure. IF you need help with 1 or 2 if you get them suspended I can possibly help.

Sorry for not clarifying.

We had a huge uptick in suspensions this month. The number of new suspensions went up to 117. After communication and some work, we got the suspensions down to only 28.

Hey Sam, would you care to share what you've experienced as the average turnaround after initiating a request to Google for reinstatement? Thanks!

We've done a lot of edits on the listings and they have all been good so far. We even tried adding a call tracking number and it has been fine.

How safe is it to update a business name in GMB? To phrase it better, how confident should I feel about doing it? I have been scared to even touch anything due to all the suspensions. But I want to add "Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical" to our business name. These words are in our logo and have been for years so that it won't seem "out of place" or anything. Again, I have be too scared to change it.

Our listing got suspended a few years back for merely updating the hours. Ever since I have been paranoid about touching it other than adding photos and reply to reviews, etc.

How safe is it to update a business name in GMB? To phrase it better, how confident should I feel about doing it? I have been scared to even touch anything due to all the suspensions. But I want to add "Heating, Cooling, Plumbing & Electrical" to our business name. These words are in our logo and have been for years so that it won't seem "out of place" or anything. Again, I have be too scared to change it.

Our listing got suspended a few years back for merely updating the hours. Ever since I have been paranoid about touching it other than adding photos and reply to reviews, etc.

It that part of your offically registered name? If it is, you can add it, if it's not, don't.

It that part of your offically registered name? If it is, you can add it, if it's not, don't.

No, it is not on anything legal or whatnot since that would be one huge-ass name, but it is part of the logo and what we do. We are a home service company that does heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical. I see others doing this to help rank/highlight what they do. More so that our business name is sort of generic.

No, it is not on anything legal or whatnot since that would be one huge-ass name, but it is part of the logo and what we do. We are a home service company that does heating, cooling, plumbing and electrical. I see others doing this to help rank/highlight what they do. More so that our business name is sort of generic.

Then no, you can't add it.

I haven't found that this is something Google cares about at all (whether or not it's a legal name) if it's reflected in your branding. So if it's in your logo, I would add it.

I haven't found that this is something Google cares about at all (whether or not it's a legal name) if it's reflected in your branding. So if it's in your logo, I would add it.

If they get suspended, Google will force them to remove, and with reinstatements being backed up, it's risky. They are so many long-term and safer practices that will pay off better than updating the name.

If they get suspended, Google will force them to remove, and with reinstatements being backed up, it's risky. They are so many long-term and safer practices that will pay off better than updating the name.

Thanks, @JoyHawkins, for your reply.

I see so many in our sector add the disciplines to their name. But I always left our name "as is" because we have such a great reputation, and we checked off every "best practices" box in the book. I work day and night to ensure we are 100% doing everything correctly and wearing a very white hat. So I felt adding "Heating, Cooling, etc." to our listing name was unnecessary. However, times have changed in the last year, and now I am debating it. More so when I see so many others doing it.

I've just been extremely wary of doing it out of the utter fear of getting suspended. I still suffer PTSD from when they suspended our listing for updating our hours after Google sent me an email asking about our hours! Ever since I have been like a scared child living with an abusive parent. We are an honest and legit family-owned business. So it really messed me up!

We have one location which purchased another local business and moved to a new location. We have verified the new location 4 times by mail. Each time we verify google asks us to verify again. Then they requested video verification but when we went to do the video verification it was no longer available. We've sent images of the old office with a new business in it, the new office with logo and branded vehicles in front and copies of utility bills with company name and new address on it. Then they suspended the listing again. Frustrating.

Finally resolved. Took multiple emails and multiple starts and stops.

Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing an unprecedented amount of GBP suspensions? I had 3 separate profiles suspend after doing a post on the account. Other accounts are suspending after making changes to business hours or main categories.

These are across 3 different countries and listings are managed by different Users (in different countries, different logins etc).

Its been about 1-2 weeks of this.

Is this the same for any other agencies?

Thanks ahead!

We just got an email that our business is suspended and nobody made any changes to the profile... does anyone know why that might've happened?

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom