More threads by Jaimie S

Jaimie S

Reaction score
Hi All,

Is anyone else experiencing an unprecedented amount of GBP suspensions? I had 3 separate profiles suspend after doing a post on the account. Other accounts are suspending after making changes to business hours or main categories.

These are across 3 different countries and listings are managed by different Users (in different countries, different logins etc).

Its been about 1-2 weeks of this.

Is this the same for any other agencies?

Thanks ahead!

Solution
Changing categories can trigger a suspension. I know that Google was suspended business profiles for updating the hours and that was a bug and shouldn't be happening. Getting suspended for creating a post is not normal and sounds like a bug.
Changing categories can trigger a suspension. I know that Google was suspended business profiles for updating the hours and that was a bug and shouldn't be happening. Getting suspended for creating a post is not normal and sounds like a bug.

Solution
Big YUP on this!

I have TONS of clients in queue for doing an update on their listing, and new profiles that are waiting to get set up, but EVERYTHING leads to suspensions and re-verifications. Going crazy here.

Tried reaching out to support, which said there were no technical issues on our agency account, but right now I tried remove a service area, and I now need to re-verify..

When you make any edits to the following fields, name, category, address, phone, and website, the following will take place:
1. The edits will be accepted
2. The edits will go into pending review
3. The profile will need to be reverified again
4. The profile will get suspended.

When you make any edits to the following fields, name, category, address, phone, and website, the following will take place:
1. The edits will be accepted
2. The edits will go into pending review
3. The profile will need to be reverified again
4. The profile will get suspended.

Yes, that makes sense. But I have never seen the rate of suspensions and reverifications like it is now..
In my case, it does not matter what I do, even if I am 100% that the edit is following the guidelines laid out.

I have this week sorted about a thousand listings into different location groups, and I honestly thought this was happening because I had way to much "suspicious" activity on the account, but clearly that is not the case..

Imagine having two nearby towns listed as service area, you add a third that is just as close as the other ones, but you get suspended or have to re-verify...

We have exactly the same. From Friday, September 23, it is impossible to work. Each time a new profile is set up, each access is obtained, each change to GMB causes its suspension. There are already hundreds of profiles.

We stopped doing anything on business cards, because it doesn't make sense, now it takes 3-4 weeks to recover a suspended profile.

Does anyone have any info? Any update? Sometimes it happens that the entire GMB panel returns a 404 error, as well as the contact with GMB support.

Google doesn't want you to edit the business profiles once it's verified. You need to ask, do I really need to make this edit to enhance the business profile? Adding service areas doesn't impact rankings, so if you are not ranking in that area, it won't benefit you by adding it. Yes, there is a major backlog on reinstatements. They are averaging 22 days and if there is an uptick in suspensions, they delay can increase. The worst was 6 weeks to hear back.

Google doesn't want you to edit the business profiles once it's verified. You need to ask, do I really need to make this edit to enhance the business profile? Adding service areas doesn't impact rankings, so if you are not ranking in that area, it won't benefit you by adding it. Yes, there is a major backlog on reinstatements. They are averaging 22 days and if there is an uptick in suspensions, they delay can increase. The worst was 6 weeks to hear back.

Agree, it is now taking a long time to restore. But I didn't just mean editing the profile. Literally every action causes its suspension. A correct profile is assumed, not violating any regulations (I know all the regulations by heart;)) and immediately after verification, the profile is suspended. And so 100% of the time.

In my case, I am on the first year working with this portfolio, and there tons of listings that have information that breaks Googles guidelines, so I am trying to correct this.. A lot of listings with their address visible when the shouldn't, but when I try to correct it.. suspended..

It's just weird, and doesn't make sense.

But also regarding BRAND NEW listings, they get suspended when I try to add i.e a business description after creating it, as I don't add it right away when creating it.. Maybe I should though..

I don't know how to proceed from here.. Just stay away from info, even though I KNOW it breaks guidelines? I even tried to remove the opening hours as it was a SAB with appointment only.. suspended, hehe..

It's weird that no one has any real info on this, because it has been a MAJOR change in the sensitivity of edits..

In my case, I am on the first year working with this portfolio, and there tons of listings that have information that breaks Googles guidelines, so I am trying to correct this.. A lot of listings with their address visible when the shouldn't, but when I try to correct it.. suspended..

It's just weird, and doesn't make sense.

But also regarding BRAND NEW listings, they get suspended when I try to add i.e a business description after creating it, as I don't add it right away when creating it.. Maybe I should though..

I don't know how to proceed from here.. Just stay away from info, even though I KNOW it breaks guidelines? I even tried to remove the opening hours as it was a SAB with appointment only.. suspended, hehe..

It's weird that no one has any real info on this, because it has been a MAJOR change in the sensitivity of edits..

That's just it, you didn't set up the entire profile prior to verifying it. You made edits after the fact and Google choose to suspend the business profile or require a new verification. Set up the business profile entirely and then get it verified.

That's just it, you didn't set up the entire profile prior to verifying it. You made edits after the fact and Google choose to suspend the business profile or require a new verification. Set up the business profile entirely and then get it verified.

Hi Keyser - appreciate all this information.

We have this for established listings, that just have an update to their opening hours, then that listing is getting suspended. It is also in some instances triggering account level suspension just after updates to
Agree, it is now taking a long time to restore. But I didn't just mean editing the profile. Literally every action causes its suspension. A correct profile is assumed, not violating any regulations (I know all the regulations by heart;)) and immediately after verification, the profile is suspended. And so 100% of the time.

Yep this is exactly what is happening to us!

In the self-storage vertical, I have experienced two client profile suspensions today for verified listings without making any major changes to either listing. One listing has been verified for ~ 2 weeks and was suspended this morning without any changes being made to the profile since it was verified. I just changed the "Opening Date" on another email verified self-storage listing from today to 10/26 and the listing was then immediately suspended. As JamieS, GBP-Rob and Marcin mention, it seems that any changes made to Profiles that are not in response to Google "Suggested Edits" are causing listing suspensions. A bug maybe?

Hi Keyser - appreciate all this information.

We have this for established listings, that just have an update to their opening hours, then that listing is getting suspended. It is also in some instances triggering account level suspension just after updates to

Yep this is exactly what is happening to us!

An account level suspension would trigger a suspension on all business profiles in your dashboard. You wouldn't be able to use that email to manage another business profile.

I spoke with a buddy of mine who said he has seen a sharp increase in suspensions in the last 2 weeks. He said and I quote, "Google is acting like they won't be able to suspend anyone in October, so they are going buck wild in September."

In the self-storage vertical, I have experienced two client profile suspensions today for verified listings without making any major changes to either listing. One listing has been verified for ~ 2 weeks and was suspended this morning without any changes being made to the profile since it was verified. I just changed the "Opening Date" on another email verified self-storage listing from today to 10/26 and the listing was then immediately suspended. As JamieS, GBP-Rob and Marcin mention, it seems that any changes made to Profiles that are not in response to Google "Suggested Edits" are causing listing suspensions. A bug maybe?

Even accepting suggested edits are resulting in suspensions for me..

Just tried to mark one of our self-storage facilities in Englewood FL as "Temporarily Closed" due to Hurricane Ian and it was immediately suspended! This listing is not new, has been in our GBP dashboard for months and was email verified. Suspensions are out of control now......it's a "soft" suspension though, as I can see it in Maps. What the heck is going on here?

Last edited:
Just tried to mark one of our self-storage facilities in Englewood FL as "Temporarily Closed" due to Hurricane Ian and it was immediately suspended! This listing is not new, has been in our GBP dashboard for months and was email verified. Suspensions are out of control now......it's a "soft" suspension though, as I can see it in Maps. What the heck is going on here?

That's not normal and shouldn't happen.

It looks as if the algorithms are maximally and too sensitive to EVERY change and EVERY action on the profile. And then as standard, GMB is suspended. It has been going on for 5 days with us.

Am I the only one who thinks such an uptick is normal for a Core update? Historically, at least at our agency, we notice a wave of suspension and profile-is-now-a-duplicate cases with each Core updates.

Ironically enough, we actually have seen a lot less of that nonsense (I went through our accounts just yesterday) than during the May Core Update, so I'm with SEMrush's Analysis that this is tamer than average (personally my opinion is that this particular update was not planned for this timing, but I have no idea what triggered Google to make it so abruptly.)

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

LocalU Webinar

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom