More threads by Chris Ratchford

Chris Ratchford

Administrator
Solutions
Reaction score
I know this is more of a design question, but I suspect a client's website is too difficult to navigate and is not user friendly.

The client was very adamant about the design of the website and wanted a very clean, minimalist design.

Months later, we're getting some feedback that people can't find what they're looking for.

I've used services like UsabilityHub in the past, but they only allow screenshots of designs, not actual URLs. I came across UserTesting.com, but it's a little steep- $47/test for 1 user.

Can anyone recommend a service that allows URL testing? I need to show my client actual tests and explain that we need to make his site more user friendly.

Thanks!

Have you looked at convert.com?

IMHO, i see a significant flaw with services such as usabilitytesting.com - you can't guarantee the testers will be in the same target audience as your client's target market.

Using a tool such as the one above will show him what his actual visitors do.

There's always GA and goal (free) ...

Although it sounds like UserTesting.com isn't cheap, I've heard it's great (from someone very close whose opinion I trust).

Might want to check out Ethnio (ethn.io), too. I've heard that's good.

Oh, and CrazyEgg is a no-brainer. It's not usability-testing in the sense that the above two are, but it will show you heatmaps of click and scroll behavior. It's worth its weight in gold

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU Event

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Top Bottom