Reaction score
Here's a scenario I haven't come across before. Is this a problem for Google?

A business has an LLC and a tradename and it has 2 GBPs, one for each.

They operate a separate but different service with separate websites and are getting a 2nd phone number, but do operate out of the same location (SAB).
Is this something Google will consider duplicates and combine them?​

I know you normally get a dba or tradename to just use that, but not seen one where a business uses both the LLC & tradename for separate businesses.

Thanks!

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
Hi Tricia, Google would almost definitely consider that the same business, offering 2 services, so they should just have the one listing.

The only scenario I could see this working if it was a brick and mortar with distinct entrances and signage and staff when someone shows up.

Reaction score
@Colan Nielsen I'm thinking if she setup a separate LLC for the 2nd business instead of doing a Trade Name, then that would get her what she wants so shoe could have her 2nd GBP since she has a separate website & is getting a separate phone number. Is that correct?

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
@Colan Nielsen I'm thinking if she setup a separate LLC for the 2nd business instead of doing a Trade Name, then that would get her what she wants so shoe could have her 2nd GBP since she has a separate website & is getting a separate phone number. Is that correct?

If it's the same staff and it's at the same location and it's a service area business I don't see Google being OK with it.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
You could always run the scenario by Google to see what they say.

Colan Nielsen

Administrator
LocalU Faculty
Top Poster Of Month
Solutions
Reaction score
You could always create a thread at the forum. You can share the thread back here and I can escalate it. I am on vacation this week so I might be delayed.

Login / Register

Already a member?   LOG IN
Not a member yet?   REGISTER

LocalU

Promoted Posts

New advertising option: A review of your product or service posted by a Sterling Sky employee. This will also be shared on the Sterling Sky & LSF Twitter accounts, our Facebook group, LinkedIn, and both newsletters. More...
Google Product Exert

Top Bottom